For those nights when you need dinner in a hurry, here are 15 quick family meals the whole family will love.
*Originally published in 2014. Updated Dec 2020*
I’ve got a roundup of quick family meals for you! We all know life is a little crazy right now and I’m all about quick, easy dinners. Do you have a back pocket list? A list of meal ideas that are so quick and easy you could practically make them in your sleep? Meals you can pull out during the craziest weeks, the busiest life seasons to help you get dinner on the table without much fuss? Several of these are on my back pocket list. And since I’m always looking for new ideas, I thought I’d share some of them with you to help make your dinner time easier.
This round-up covers everything from Instant Pot recipes to chicken & beef, to meatless meals so there’s sure to be something for everyone.
Quick Family Meals
- Shrimp Curry Noodle Bowls via The Lean Green Bean. Ready in 15 minutes and packed with veggies! Sub chicken if you don’t like shrimp. (or try this Lentil Veggie Curry)
- No-Fuss 5 Minute Pizza Dough via Wanna Be A Country Cleaver. A super simple recipe so you can have pizza any night of the week!
- Sloppy Joes via Kristine’s Kitchen. They’re a classic for a reason! Kid-friendly and full of flavor.
- Easy Lasagna Skillet via The Creative Bite. If you love lasagna, you’ll love this quick, stovetop version!
- Instant Pot Asian Peanut Noodles via The Lean Green Bean. Packed with veggies and covered in a flavorful sauce everyone will love!
- Pineapple Chicken via Amee’s Savory Dish. Easier than waiting for takeout and full of fresh flavors.
- Burger in a Bowl via Running To The Kitchen (not pictured) A twist on burger night with a special secret sauce.
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon via Meals Heels and Cocktails (not pictured). Minimal prep with maximum flavor. Ready in no time!
- Meaty Tortellini Skillet via From Valerie’s Kitchen. Transform a package of tortellini into a full, healthy meal in minutes.
- Egg Waffles via The Lean Green Bean. Breakfast for dinner is always in style and this is a fun twist.
- Pizza Chicken via Iowa Girl Eats. Gluten-free, kid-friendly and perfect for a busy night.
- White Chicken Chili via The Lean Green Bean. Made with pantry staples and tastes even better as leftovers!
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas via The Blond Cook. Quick and easy and cleanup’s a breeze.
- Santa Fe Chicken via Food Faith Fitness. Seasoned chicken topped with a flavorful salsa.
- Spiced Sweet Potato & Black Bean Bowl via Cait’s Plate (not pictured) An easy vegetarian meal with a flavorful avocado sauce.
That’s all for today. I’m always looking for new quick family meals to add to my go-to list. I keep one on my phone for those nights when I need dinner in a hurry and don’t even have time to think about what to make. All of these fit the bill!
See something you like? Pin this to save this post for later!
Have a favorite quick, go-to meal? Leave me a link!
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!