These Sweet Potato Waffles make a great pre-workout snack or a fun way to change up your breakfast routine! Add some peanut butter and you’ve got yourself a sandwich!
It’s recipe time. I made these Sweet Potato Waffles over a year ago to share in my ebook. I forgot about them for a while, but recently made them to have on hand for a pre-workout snack so I thought it might be fun to share the recipes with all of you!
This is a small batch recipe. It makes about 2 waffles in a regular (not Belgian) waffle maker.
Sweet Potato Waffles
An easy breakfast or after-school snack!
- 1/3 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- topping options: nut butter, fresh fruit, yogurt, syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Divide batter in half and cook 2 waffles using waffle maker- make sure to grease with cooking spray, oil or butter first.
- Top as desired and serve.
You can eat them plain, but really…toppings are the best part so go crazy! I actually love making them into peanut butter sandwiches!
These make a great breakfast or after-school snack! You can double the recipe to make a couple extra!