I’m back, but just for a few minutes today! I’m getting the feeling that the theme around here for the next few weeks is gonna be quick and simple. And did I mention quick?
So here’s the deal.
Next time you’re having a get-together (Labor Day, anyone?) make these.
Three ingredients and a few minutes of your time is all that stands between you and these deliciously tasty little puffs!
Don’t they look yummy? I’ve had this idea floating around in my head for a while now…and last night I finally got around to testing it out. I ate about half the batch while the hubby was napping so I’d call it a success.
Here’s what you do:
Sweet Potato Puffs
You'll be the hero of the party with this recipe. Just don't tell anyone it only has three ingredients!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 c finely chopped macadamia nuts
- Stab the sweet potato all over with a fork and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes until cooked.
- Scoop the sweet potato flesh into a small bowl.
- Add the goat cheese and mix until well combined.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and roll into a bite-sized ball.
- Roll the ball in the chopped nuts, pressing gently to help them stick.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, rotating once until the nuts start to turn golden brown.
- Serve warm.
A few words of wisdom:
-Don’t make the puffs too big! Mine required 2-3 bites to eat. I think they’d be better if they only required 1-2 bites.
-Make sure you chop your nuts up well enough! It helps them stick better.
-You could try using another kind of nut if you wanted to!
So there you have it, friends!