These crockpot meatballs make it easy to have dinner waiting when you get home! Serve them over noodles, on a sub bun or enjoy plain!
As I read through the results of the reader survey (thank you so much to those of you who filled it out!), a lot of you said you wanted more crockpot recipes. So, here we are today with a super easy recipe for Crockpot Meatballs.
This is just a basic meatball recipe, cooked in the crockpot. Once they’re cooked you can serve them over spaghetti, on a bun for a meatball sub, or eat them with just the sauce!
Here’s how you make them:
A basic meatball recipe that can be made in the crockpot and served over noodles, on subs or eaten plain!
- 11/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds, optional
- 1- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1- 15 oz can crushed tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well with your hands and form into balls (I made 12).
- In a hot pan, brown on all sides.
- Transfer meatballs to a crockpot, added tomatoes and remaining spices and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meatballs reach 165 degrees.
Easy enough, right? The hemp seeds are optional but add a nice little nutritional boost and you can’t taste them.
Make these meatballs from @leangrnbeanblog in the crockpot so dinner is ready when you get home!Click To Tweet
I made 12 meatballs but you can make yours whatever size you want. Just keep in mind that smaller will cook faster and you want them all to be similarly sized so they cook evenly.