This Healthy Chicken Fried Rice is perfect for nights when you want a quick, easy dinner that’s both simple and nutritious!Hi Friends!
Quick recipe for you today. Chicken Fried Rice.
It’s nothing new. In fact, it’s probably something you’ve had several times. You’ve probably even made it yourself.
I guess this is more of a reminder. An inspiration of sorts. For those nights when you just can’t figure out what to make for dinner. And you want something that doesn’t require much thought. Or effort. Or creativity.
Make this. It’s simple. It’s nutritious. It’s easy. And it tastes good.
Feel free to use your favorite veggies. I usually use peppers, onions, carrots, broccoli and peas and often I use a combination of whatever veggies are in my fridge and some frozen ones from the freezer. Serve with extra soy sauce if you want, but you really don’t need much to get the flavor!
Chicken Fried Rice
An easy weeknight dinner that can also be made ahead of time and eaten all week.
- 1/2 cup brown rice, dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound chicken, chopped
- 4 cups mixed vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- green onions, to garnish
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Saute garlic and chicken in a large pan for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Add vegetables and saute until chicken is cooked and vegetables reach desired level of tenderness.
- Push everything to one side of the pan, add the two eggs and scramble until cooked.
- Add rice and soy sauce.
- Serve warm, topped with green onions.