It’s recipe time. I made these Asian Black Bean Burgers over the weekend and they were absolutely delicious. During my weekend prep, I almost always cooks a bag of black beans in my pressure cooker and freeze them to use during the week. I wanted to experiment with my usual black bean burgers and love Asian flavors so I decided to give them a shot!
Here’s the recipe I used:
Asian Black Bean Burgers
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 18 min
Keywords: bake entree sandwich appetizer healthy low-sodium vegetarian vegan black beans quinoa
Ingredients (4-6 burgers)
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 c quinoa, cooked
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp thai chili sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 T cilantro, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 c carrots, shredded
- 1/4 c breadcrumbs
1. Add one cup of black beans to a small bowl and smash.
2. Add the quinoa, pb, chili sauce, sriracha, cilantro, garlic, ginger and carrots and mix well.
3. Add the remaining cup of beans and the breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
4. Form mixture into 4-6 patties.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes, flipping once.
I decided to serve mine on top of a big salad, with some of our favorite Newman’s Own Sesame Ginger dressing…but they would also be good on a bun.
Next time I have a party I’m going to make a slider-sized version!
Let’s chat: What’s your favorite flavor combo for a burger?