It’s recipe time. I made these Asian Black Bean Burgers over the weekend and they were absolutely delicious. During my weekend prep, I almost always cooks a bag of black beans in my pressure cooker and freeze them to use during the week. I wanted to experiment with my usual black bean burgers and love Asian flavors so I decided to give them a shot!
Here’s the recipe I used:
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 c quinoa, cooked
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp thai chili sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 T cilantro, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ½ c carrots, shredded
- ¼ c breadcrumbs
- Add one cup of black beans to a small bowl and smash.
- Add the quinoa, pb, chili sauce, sriracha, cilantro, garlic, ginger and carrots and mix well.
- Add the remaining cup of beans and the breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- Form mixture into 4-6 patties.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes, flipping once.
I decided to serve mine on top of a big salad, with some of our favorite Newman’s Own Sesame Ginger dressing…but they would also be good on a bun.
Next time I have a party I’m going to make a slider-sized version!
Let’s chat: What’s your favorite flavor combo for a burger?