This Grilled Foil Packet Hawaiian Chicken recipe is perfect for summer. Assemble the packets quickly, toss them on the grill and dinner is served! Plus, cleanup is a breeze and the leftovers are great for lunch!
Thanks to Meijer for sponsoring this post.
I’m excited to pop in today and share this recipe for Grilled Foil Packet Hawaiian Chicken. It’s my first grilling recipe of the season on the blog, but our grill has been getting a lot of use already this summer. With 4th of July BBQs fast approaching, I thought now would be the perfect time to add a new grilling recipe to your arsenal!
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s talk a little bit about the ingredients…and how I snagged them all using Meijer Home Delivery.
Yep, you can order your groceries on the computer or via the shopmeijer app on your phone! I actually tend to prefer going to the grocery store myself to do my shopping. I think it’s fun. However, as a mom, there are some days when it’s not fun or convenient to go to the store. Like the time when you have 2 sick or cranky kids or when one kid is napping and you realize you forgot a few ingredients for dinner or a blog recipe. These are the times when Meijer Home Delivery really comes to the rescue.
You can browse a variety of categories, including what’s on sale, what you’ve bought before or marked as your favorites, or what you’ve added to your shopping list…or you can search for specific items and brands. When you checkout, you can add notes to specific items like “avocados ripe enough to use tomorrow” or “green bananas”. You can even choose your delivery window (in as little as one hour from the time you place your order!) and add notes like “text me when you arrive” so your dog doesn’t bark like crazy and wake a sleeping kid.
And don’t forget it’s not just for food. You can shop for those last minute party supplies for your 4th of July BBQ, a box of bandages or even a new toy and the “shopmeijer” app and website are very user-friendly! If you’d like to give it a try, use the promo code “68BH4PBA67F” for a free 2-week trial of Meijer Home Delivery and a $15 credit.
So, I used the shopmeijer app to get all of the ingredients for this recipe on a day when my kids really needed a nap and I really needed to work! I love foil packet recipes because they’re easy to prep. I chose to cut up the chicken for these so they cook quickly on the grill in a simple sauce made with lime juice, pineapple juice, ketchup and bbq sauce and the pineapple chunks helps keep them nice and moist! I served them over farro but they’d also be great over rice or even over a big bed of lettuce or spinach!
Here’s how you make them:Print
Grilled Foil Packet Hawaiian Chicken
This Grilled Foil Packet Hawaiian Chicken Recipe is perfect for summer. Assemble the packets quickly, toss them on the grill and dinner is served! Plus, cleanup is a breeze and the leftovers are great for lunch!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: serves 4
- 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless True Goodness chicken breasts
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks in 100% juice (reserve juice)
- 1 tsp Chicken seasoning (I use salt-free)
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- green onions to garnish
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks and sprinkle with chicken seasoning.
- Cut bell pepper into large chunks (similar in size to pineapple and chicken pieces)
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- Tear 4 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Divide chicken evenly between 4 pieces.
- Divide pineapple chunks and pepper pieces evenly and place on top of chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, bbq sauce, ketchup, pineapple juice and garlic. Stir until well combined. Taste and add additional pineapple juice if desired.
- Pour sauce mixture evenly over chicken mixtures.
- Pull sides of aluminum foil to meet in the middle and fold over several times. Fold each of the ends in toward the middle at least 2 times.
- Place foil packets on grill (medium on my grill is about 425 degrees F) and cook 12 minutes. Carefully open one packet and temp chicken to ensure it has reached 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and serve in foil packets or transfer to plates. Garnish with green onions.
You could use fresh pineapple and sub orange juice for pineapple juice.
I served mine over farro. You could also use rice, cauliflower rice or lettuce.
[clickToTweet tweet=”This Grilled Foil Packet Hawaiian Chicken is the perfect summer dinner!” quote=”This Grilled Foil Packet Hawaiian Chicken is the perfect summer dinner!”]
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Meijer. The opinions and text are all mine.
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!