This recipe for Gluten-Free Pumpkin Yogurt Bars makes a quick, healthy breakfast or snack. They’re kid-friendly and you can customize with your favorite mix-ins!.
*Originally published June 2016. Updated Sept 2020*
I first shared these Gluten-free Pumpkin Yogurt Bars four years ago and they’re still a weekly staple at our house…and not just in the fall! I make them year-round and they’re one of my favorite gluten-free pumpkin recipes, as well as my kids.
I first started making these when my oldest was a young toddler. They’re perfect for young kiddos because they’re moist, not super crumbly and you can make them with no added sugar if you choose! Top them with peanut butter too add some healthy fats to your meal or snack or customize to your liking by adding mix-ins like chocolate chips, Craisins, nuts or seeds.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these:
- Pumpkin – be sure to get 100% pumpkin puree for canned pumpkin recipes, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Yogurt – I use plain, but you could use vanilla. You can also use milk (try plant-based to make them dairy-free) or even kefir.
- Eggs – I haven’t tried it, but you can probably sub flax eggs if needed
- Peanut butter- you can use your favorite nut or seed butter
- Maple syrup – I originally shared this recipe using a jar of baby food prunes. Since my kids are older now I don’t always have those on hand so I use maple syrup, but prunes are a great way to naturally sweeten this recipe
- Oat flour – Make your own by just grinding some oats in the food processor. I’ve also used white whole wheat flour and that works fine too.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Yogurt Bars
These Gluten-free Pumpkin Bars can be whipped up in just one bowl and they’re perfect for baking with kids! Since they’re moist, it’s best to store them in the fridge.
Here’s the recipe:
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Yogurt Bars
This recipe for Gluten-Free Pumpkin Yogurt Bars makes a quick, healthy breakfast or snack. They’re kid-friendly and easy to customize
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars 1x
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or milk- cow or plant-based)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (sub oil to make them nut-free)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup* (I use 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup oat flour (white whole wheat flour works too)
- Optional mix-ins – chocolate chips, hemp seeds etc
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, yogurt, eggs, peanut butter and maple syrup until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients, including any mix-ins you want and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased 9×9 pan (i lined mine with parchment paper).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
*You can also use vanilla yogurt
*I make these with only 1/4 cup maple syrup especially if adding dried fruit or chocolate chips. If you want these naturally sweetenend, swap maple syrup for a jar of baby food prunes.
Pretty simple right? These will be a little bit moist inside like most baked pumpkin recipes…and they’re not super sweet. If you want them sweeter, add a little more maple syrup or use vanilla yogurt instead of plain. I store mine in the fridge.
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!