Looking for easy recipes using chickpeas? This list has something for everyone from salad to curry to soup! Add these to your lunch and dinner rotation ASAP.
In case you missed it, I’ve declared 2020 the year of helping you guys eat more plants! Recently, I shared this recipe for Peanut Butter White Bean Dip that makes a great after school snack. And I’ve been chatting with my Instagram followers about plant-based meals almost weekly. Yesterday I asked my followers for their favorite ways to eat chickpeas and they came through with a lot of much-loved recipes and I wanted to share them with you.
Remember that if the thought of a completely meatless meal overwhelms you, you don’t have to take an all or nothing approach. The method that has been working well for me is cutting the amount of meat in half. In almost all the meals I’ve been making lately, I’ve been replacing half of the chicken or whatever meat I typically use, with a plant-based protein like chickpeas, lentils, beans or tofu. I believe that stretching one package of chicken into two or three meals is just as valid of an approach as eating one meatless meal and i’ve found it’s a great way to eat less meat without it feeling so overwhelming.
Here are some chickpea recipes to check out:
Easy Recipes Using Chickpeas
- Chickpea Bacon Ranch Salad via How Sweet Eats
- Spiced Chickpea Stew with Coconut & Turmeric via Alison Roman (NYT Cooking – you have to have an account to login)
- Classic Chickpea “Chicken” Salad via A Healthy Slice of Life
- Chickpea Noodle Soup via Cookie & Kate (or try my Chicken & Chickpea Noodle Soup)
- Greek Baked Orzo via Pinch of Yum
- Thai Chickpea Burgers via Peanut Butter Fingers
- Baked Chickpeas with Pita and Yogurt via Smitten Kitchen
- Chickpea Tikka Masala via Washington Post
- Quick Pasta and Chickpeas via Smitten Kitchen
- Greek Chickpea Salad via Skinnytaste
- Slow Cooker Butter Chickpeas via Delish Knowledge
- Chickpea Curry via The Pioneer Woman
- Spinach and Chickpeas via Smitten Kitchen
- Vegan Caesar Salad via Oh She Glows
- Kung Pao Chickpeas via Detoxinista
- Marinated Chickpeas via How Sweet Eats
Other general ideas:
- Brownie batter hummus
- Chickpea Blondies
- Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- Pasta sauce or soup with chickpeas blended in
What’s your favorite chickpea recipe?
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!