As you guys know, I teamed up with one of my best blogging buddies, Elle from Nutritionella to create the Elf for Health Holiday Challenge. It was a huge success, much bigger than we had ever dreamed of with over 900 elves spreading health & wellness during the holidays! As it turns out, our elves LOVE supporting one another so much they requested we keep the challenge going throughout the entire year. How awesome is that?
Naturally, we needed a new name and logo fit for every season, not just for the holidays.
Our elves voted to rename the challenge Healthy sELF – it keeps the spirit of the original Elf for Health Challenge and also encourages us to make healthier choices for ourselves all year round.
Here are the details!
The Healthy sELF challenge will officially kick off on February 4th. To make Healthy sELF sustainable for everyone, we scaled back to three weekly challenges – Mondays, Thursdays & one on the weekend. Elves will not be paired like they were for the last challenge so we really encourage participants to be active on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram!
That being said, there is a new Healthy sELF Facebook Group! It’s a great place to meet new elves, give encouragement, boost your self-confidence, share recipes, healthy tips, workouts, personal successes – whatever you like! Just request to join and we’ll add you to the group.
A couple of fun things we’ve added to this challenge:
- a new hashtag – use #healthysELF when you’re Tweeting & Instagramming so other elves can get to know you
- a monthly newsletter with the month’s challenges plus short health-related articles & posts from our very own elves
- elf spotlights within the Facebook group
- healthy sELF ambassadors – we recruited some awesome, health-inspiring girls to help with the tasks of running the challenge so keep them on your radar for challenge reminders, social media shout-outs, newsletter submissions & elf spotlights
Allison from Life’s a Bowl
Divya from Eat Teach Blog
Brittany from Read Run Repeat
Gina from 10 for 10 Challenge
Amalia from Live Travel Eat & Run
- and new buttons – grab your favorite below! Too big? Smaller sizes are available on our challenge page !
We’ve put together a challenge calendar using the Elf for Health survey results to plan the upcoming challenges through the month of May. We like to plan ahead, can you tell? This calendar as well as the monthly newsletter signup form can be found on the Healthy sELF pages on our blogs.
Use the form below. Look out for a confirmation email to confirm your participation & monthly newsletter subscription. If you don’t receive a confirmation email, check your spam box. If you still can’t find a confirmation email, let one of us (Elle or Lindsay) know and we’ll add you to the list! Friends outside of the US, this challenge is completely internet based so anyone can participate… all you need is access to the internet and an email address.
We hope you’ll join the fun! I’ll leave you with our Healthy sELF mantra – 5 simple ways to help you be your best sELF!