This Winter Caprese Beet Noodle Pasta is a healthy low carb dinner option thanks to the spiralized vegetable noodles!
I have a special treat for you guys today. My friend Ali, who blogs over at Inspiralized, is stopping by to share a delicious recipe with you! I found Ali’s blog a few months ago while moderating images for Healthy Aperture and fell in love with it immediately. Her photography is gorgeous, her recipes are amazing, and anything spiralized is just SO FUN! If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, go do so immediately… then come back for the recipe!
Take it away Ali!
Eating healthy during the winter can be especially tough. When the temperatures drop, we are faced with the temptation of big, warm bowls of cheesy pastas. Luckily, I have just the solution! By using a spiralizer, you can easily turn vegetables into noodles and substitute those in for regular wheat noodles in your favorite pasta and noodle dishes. Not only do they have the same texture as regular noodles (especially when cooked), but they also have a quarter of the calories and carbs. Not to mention, they’re gluten-free!
Eating bowls of spiralized veggies is a great way to get your daily dose of veggies, packing in the vitamins and antioxidants you need. During the winter, some veggies (like zucchinis) are out of season. However, there are plenty other vegetables out there to spiralize for a healthy bowl of noodles!
Today, I’m taking the classic Caprese Salad and Inspiralizing it into a wintery pasta. Instead of using basil, I use parsley, which can better withstand the cold so it’s easier to find during the wintertime. Roasted garlic and cherry tomatoes, roasted beet noodles (made easily with the spiralizer!), mozzarella, and chopped parsley make this a delightful wintery pasta dish that’ll fill you up… without any bloat later!Print
Winter Caprese Beet Noodle Pasta
Roasted garlic and cherry tomatoes, roasted beet noodles (made easily with the spiralizer!), mozzarella and chopped parsley make this a delightful wintery pasta dish thatâll fill you up… without any bloat later!
- Yield: 1
- 1 large beet
- olive oil, to drizzle
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thinly.
- 3-4 mini balls of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven (once preheated) and roast for 15 minutes. After 10 minutes, add in the garlic.
- Take the beet and chop both ends off. Peel the entire beet. Place the beet into the spiralizer and spiralize it. Place the beet noodles onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Five minutes into roasting the tomatoes, add the beet noodles into the oven. Let cook for 2 minutes, remove and place the mozzarella balls randomly on top of the noodles. Let cook for another 5-7 minutes or until mozzarella has melted and noodles are darker in color and have softened.
- Remove the noodles from the oven and transfer to a bowl. Top the noodles and mozzarella with the roasted tomatoes. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!
In case you’re new to spiralizing, here’s a video to show you how to spiralize beets:
Pretty simple right?
Winter Caprese Beet Pasta is a healthy low carb meal from @leangrnbeanblog & @inspiralized!Click To Tweet
Have you ever used a spiralizer?
Do you like veggie noodles?