Another weekend has come and gone. This particular Monday is a little better than usual because it’s Secret Recipe Club day!
This month I was assigned to Ewa’s blog Delishhh! It’s a fantastic blog filled with great recipes and beautiful photos. I went into this month hoping to find a summery recipe to make and she didn’t disappoint. As soon as I stumbled on this Whole Wheat Zucchini Banana Bread I knew that was what I’d be making. To me, summer always equals zucchini bread because there are just so many of them available! This month, it just so happened that I had a few blackened bananas sitting around after our trip to Hawaii so I knew this would be the perfect combo.
I used the original recipe as a base (CLICK HERE to view that recipe) and made the following changes:
- I used 1 3/4 c white whole wheat flour instead of pastry and all-purpose
- I used 1/2 c agave nectar instead of 1/4 c honey and 1/2 c brown sugar
- I only used a pinch of salt instead of a teaspoon
- I left out the chocolate chips/didn’t use any mix-ins.
- I baked mine in 2 mini loaf pans instead of one big one
This recipe was great! The batter was super moist so I ended up having to bake my two smaller loaves almost as long as I would have baked one big one, but the flavor was perfect. Not too sweet, just the way I like it! And the perfect summer weekend treat!