I’ve got a fun new salmon recipe to share with you guys today. The other weekend I was in the mood for salmon. We eat a lot of salmon, most often in burger/cake form…but this time I was in the mood for something different. This is super easy and it comes together quickly.
We picked up some pineapple at Kroger when they were on sale for $1 and immediately knew I wanted pineapple black bean salsa! I put together a quick teriyaki glaze for the salmon, threw together the salsa, put it on a plate and called it a day!
So here’s what you do:Print
Teriyaki Salmon with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
This easy recipe is full of healthy fats and is ready in a snap. Let the fiesta begin!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- For the Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp thai chili sauce
- 1–2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- For the Salsa:
- 1 c black beans
- 3/4 c pineapple, diced
- 1/4 c red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- Additional Ingredients:
- Salmon Fillets
- Mix salsa ingredients together in a small bowl and let stand.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the salmon fillets in a heated non-stick pan.
- Top with half the sauce.
- Pan sear until salmon is cooked through, flipping occasionally.
- Remove from pan and top with extra sauce.
- Serve with salsa.
Doesn’t get any easier than that, friends! I didn’t even marinate the salmon and it still tasted great! If you have extra time and want to marinate it, go for it…but I don’t think it’s necessary. You can also grill the salmon instead of pan-searing it!