Welcome to the first edition of Sunday Food Prep Inspiration!
The idea behind this series is simple. Lately i’ve been pretty good about sharing my Sunday food prep photos with you guys. That’s all well and good, but what’s more exciting is that I’ve hearing from you guys that a lot of you either already do food prep every weekend OR that you’ve been inspired to start!
That makes me happy 🙂
Food prep photos are great inspiration for meal ideas so I thought it would be fun to start featuring you guys and the food you’re prepping! Even though I just announced this series on Monday, I still have a few awesome food prep pics to show you! Ready?!
We’ll start with mine. Here’s what I prepped last weekend:
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Tuna Salad- We combine a couple cans of tuna, hummus, hb eggs, salsa, avocado, red pepper, green onions and lots of curry powder.
- Veggie & Bean soup- this was a bit of a fail. It had lots of different kinds of beans and they all cooked different amounts so I wasn’t crazy about it.
- HB Eggs
- Frozen Greek Black Bean Burgers- I made these a few weeks ago and froze some, so I was able to just pull them out of the freezer for us to eat throughout the week! Yes I know I still haven’t posted the recipe yet…but it’s coming, I promise!
And, since I have a LOT of internship stuff I have to get done today, I did my food prep for this weekend on Saturday night! Here’s what I made for this week:
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Tuna Quinoa Cakes
- Fish Chowder- Saute some veggies (I used a potato, a sweet potato, 2 leeks, some carrots and a red pepper), cover the veggies with vegetable broth and simmer until the potatoes are almost tender. Meanwhile, cook the fish (I used cod) and flake into chunks. Add the fish to the pot, along with 2.5 cups skim milk and some Old Bay seasoning. Let it simmer until the potatoes are cooked and enjoy.
- Spaghetti Squash- check out 3 ways to cook spaghetti squash
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Vegetable Broth
- Black Beans
- HB Eggs
And now let’s see what some others have been up to!
Lisa from Run Wiki :
“I finished up my laundry and then cooked a huge pot of Quinoa and prepped some red bell peppers and celery, then proceeded to make the most amazing salad with it. Thank you, thank you! I love having healthy food ready to eat during the week! The salad is so good, I have to at some point, write a recipe post.”
Katie from Live Half Full :
I commute three hours daily during the week, so I have learned to prep all my food for the week on Sunday. I like to make things that are easy to grab and go or heat up and eat. My husband and I both have crazy schedules so it’s easier this way. During the week, all we have to do is grab our breakfast & lunch for work and when we get home at night there’s something to heat up for dinner. It’s taken us awhile to get to this point, but now that we are life is SO much easier!
This week I prepped my Easy Oatmeal Bake and hard boiled eggs for breakfast. For lunch, I made some chicken quinoa soup and prepped some smoked salmon caesar salads in mason jars. (they stay fresh this way and don’t get soggy if you put the dressing on the bottom) For dinner, I made some spinach and feta stuffed chicken breasts, whole wheat lemon orzo and an Italian spiced pork tenderloin with roasted sweet potatoes and onions. It’s all been delicious so far! (I took this photo on Monday night, which explains the missing food)
I am a college student who is currently student teaching all day and then working at night (I actually teach Les Mills fitness classes at my school-double teaching!) SO, I do all my food prep on Sundays too. Here’s what I’ve been up to..
- Hummus chicken and roasted veggies-used in spinach wraps or mixed with quinoa
- Lentil sloppy joes-used on a bun or mixed with polenta or brown rice
- Roasted spaghetti squash-topped with chicken and pesto for dinners…layered with black beans, taco seasoning, broccoli slaw, avocado, and salsa for lunches!
- Plus some packed lunches!
Lyndi from The Journey :
I’ve washed & cut fruit and veggies. Beans, turkey taco meat, homemade healthy chicken salad, and red beans & rice all made for easy lunches/dinners.
There you have it! Do you do weekend food prep? Next time, snap a picture for me!
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com