I got back into food prep mode a little bit last weekend!
In case you missed the deal we got on turkey, we were at the grocery store the Sunday after Thanksgiving and thanks to a typo on the sign, we got a 16 pound turkey for less than a dollar:
And here’s what my girl Nora at A Clean Bake prepped last week:
- A HUGE pot of crockpot chicken and lentil curry that will serve as a few meals
- Fruit and veg: baby carrots, washed and trimmed green beans, sliced red pepper
- Crustless quiche
- Baked chopped sweet potatoes (great in salads)
- Pumpkin quinoa Breakfast bars
- Butternut squash soup (I put curry in everything when it’s cold!)
- Spaghetti and marinara sauce
- Cranberry bars for dessert
- Baked acorn squash stuffed with wild rice and cranberries (makes a great meal with a runny egg on top!)
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?