Time for more food prep!
Last weekend at 40 weeks pregnant I wasn’t much in the mood to food prep but I still did. Not as much as usual since I was hoping baby would come but just some basics:
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- PB Banana Oat Muffins
- Chicken Sausages & Sliders – grilled by hubby
And here’s what some of you prepped:
Alexandra at Made to Glow –
I made a batch of oatmeal pumpkin muffins for a quick breakfast, AND chopped potatoes, carrots, onions, parsnips, and celery to go with the thawing roast for dinner 1-2 nights this week. I also made a batch of white chicken chili with chopped lime, cilantro, and scallions for a garnish, AND a lentil swiss chard stew for quick and healthy lunches. Finally, I prepped salad greens, grilled chicken breasts, and a cilantro hummus to make salads or sandwiches with this week!
- Cuban rice and beans for dinners – made with wild rice, corn, peas, and back beans (based on a Happy Herbivore recipe).
- Picked and washed seedless red grapes for snacking.
- Bell pepper and chickpea stir-fry for lunches (also based on a Happy Herbivore recipe).
- Red Thai tofu (recipe from the Appetite for Reduction cookbook).
- Bulgur to go with the tofu.
- Curried quinoa pilaf with celery and carrots.
- Homemade cinnamon applesauce.
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?