Time for another round of Sunday Food Prep Inspiration!
Here’s what I prepped last weekend:
- Cranberry muffins
- Pork tenderloin
- Spaghetti squash
- Dutch oven bread
- Green beans
- Brown rice
- Chopped veggies to roast
- Lettuce for salad
Here’s what some of you have been up to:
Becky at Becky’s Blog:
Sara at The Working Athlete :
This was my first time food prepping ever so I have a lot to learn.
- To avoid reaching for protein/energy bars which tend to come with extensive ingredient lists, I baked up a loaf of Vegan & Banana Bread(recipe is at http://kthadani.com/2013/09/
11/vegan-fat-free-banana- bread/), Fortunately these freeze really well, so I just have to grab a pre-portioned slice on my way out and let it defrost for 10-12 minutes before digging in.
- I made up a batch of applesauce to eat as part of breakfast during the week! I love adding it to Greek yogurt, oats and natural peanut butter.
- I cooked up a batch of Hummus Burgers (recipe is kthadani.com/2012/09/26/
yummus-hummus-burgers/), which are ideal to keep on hand as a quick lunch/dinner option- all I have to do is heat one up & serve it with a couple of sides.
Danica at It’s Progression:
This week, to prep for upcoming meals and snacks, I peeled and sliced carrots, washed and chopped broccoli, hard-boiled eggs, made a batch of homemade tortillas, bags of popcorn (with seas salt), a pan of quinoa breakfast bars, black beans (in the slow-cooker), quinoa, and some cookies, for good measure 🙂
Lindsay at A Runnaroundd Life:
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?! I’m running low on submissions again!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?