Time for another round of Sunday Food Prep Inspiration!
Last weekend I had a little oven mishap while I was food prepping, in the form of a tupperware container lid somehow making its way into the oven and melting all over the place…but I was still able to get a good bit done before I had to stop and self clean the oven.
Here’s what I prepped:
- Black beans
- Green beans
- Baked chicken
On Monday morning I did a little more prep:
- Energy balls: 2 c dates, 1.5 c almonds, 1/2 c peanut butter in a food processor. Dump onto saran wrap and squeeze into a big ball. Freeze for 15 min, then remove and form into balls
- Homemade Tortillas
- Quinoa breakfast bars
- Sweet Potato Bites
And here’s what some of you have been up to lately:
Lindsay at Lindsay Weighs In :
- Top Left: Spinach and Romaine lettuce washed and ready to use. Green, yellow & red peppers cut.
- Top Right: Chicken breasts
- Bottom: Quinoa and Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
-washed and chopped peppers and Kolrabi for grilling to be used in salads and fajitas
-cleaned and preped green beans and corn for dinners and lunches
-hard boiled eggs for snacks
-carrots chopped (with hummus) for snacks
-sliced large Tillamock baby loaf of cheese for hubby’s dinner sandwhiches
-baby potatoes grilled with onions for dinner to be served with baked fish
-not pictured: cut up pinneaple for desert!PS….this little one finally decided she wasn’t getting anything and fell asleep while watching.
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?! I’m totally out of submissions so be sure to send yours over!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?