Sorry for the absence last week. I feel a little behind and forgot to share my prep! So let’s catch up on the past two weeks:
Last weekend I prepped:
- Sweet Potato Banana Bites
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars– made them in muffin tins (18 muffins)
- Meatloaf on the grill
- Pork tenderloin marinating
- Greek yogurt + salsa for dressing
- HB eggs
- Roasted squash rings
- Greek Hummus topping
- Defrosted some roasted chicken from the freezer
- Roasted potatoes
- Lettuce for salads
- Green beans + tomatoes & Italian dressing
- Brown Rice
- Black beans
- Food for squish- oatmeal, pears, roasted butternut squash and red peppers
Two weekends ago, I had just gotten back from Cali. I was tired and I had a fussy baby, but I still managed to prep some veggies, salsa yogurt dressing, tuna salad and food for Squish!
Here’s what some of you have been up to:
- Roasted zucchini and yellow squash
- Iced coffee in large mason jars
- Black-eyed peas and collard greens in crock pot
- Oatmeal for fast breakfasts in small mason jars
- Roasted carrots
- Chick peas, rinsed and ready to toss in salads for lunches
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Spring quinoa salad
- Grab-and-go berry banana smoothies
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Grain free lemon zest muffins
- Chopped carrots
Baked egg and turkey sausage muffins, sweet potato banana bites, two types of oatmeal muffins, mason jar salads, cut veggies for various upcoming meals, cheeseburger Mac skillet for boyfriend’s lunch, two breakfast burritos. Long day, but definitely worth it!
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! (I’m all out!)
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
12 Ways To Use Leftovers
15 Freezer Meals & Snacks
Top 10 Foods for Sunday Food Prep
How to Prep Food on the Weekend
Weekend Prep for Easy Weekday Meals
How to Eat Healthy in College
How to Eat Healthy During the Week
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?