Starting a food blog is something I’ve been thinking about doing for a long time. I’ve been avoiding it because I am lazy, scared and pretty much unconvinced that there’s anyone out there that would actually care enough to read it. But I finally got tired of people telling me to start one, so here goes.
Let me start by saying a few things:
1) I picked blogger.com for no good reason other than the fact that I recognized the bright orange “B” logo that goes along with it from some of the other blogs I have read in the past.
2) I started by googling “how to start a food blog”…the results were a little overwhelming and all I really found were lots of instructions telling me to “do this” and “don’t do that”…After reading a few of these sites, I decided that I don’t really care if I make the same “mistakes” that other beginning bloggers did, so I quit wasting my time reading the “how-to’s” and just dove right in.
3) A lot of the things I make don’t have recipes…I’ll do my best to tell you how much of each ingredient I put in, but if you require exact measurements…you may get somewhat frustrated with me! And I’m ok with that…no one is making you read this!
4) Some of the things I make don’t turn out well…that’s not going to stop me from posting them. In fact, I consider those the greatest opportunity aspect of this blog…those are the recipes where I need suggestions from you! Read what I did, and then tell me what you would do differently…one of us with eventually get it right!
5) I’m not here to impress anyone. If you get bored reading my blog, quit reading it…you won’t hurt my feelings.
6) I’m not making any promises about how often I will make new posts…I’ll get to it when I get to it…and if I don’t, well then this blog will probably come to an end 🙂
As many of you know, I’ve been posting food pics on facebook for a while now. My first few posts will probably be me trying to figure out how to get those pictures onto here, and then seeing if I can remember the recipes. We’ll see how it goes!
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!
Good job! I love it. Can't wait to see what you post!