I feel like there are gonna be two camps of people when it comes to these cookies…and you’ve probably already made your decision based solely on the title. You’re either going 1)I’m intrigued, or 2) GROSS!
I hope you’re in camp one, or you’ll be missing out on my new favorite cookie.
Over the weekend I found myself in the mood to make cookies. I’ve been craving ginger cookies for a while now, but when I asked the hubby what he wanted, he responds the same way he always does. He wanted Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.
I decided to compromise. I had a recipe for ginger cookies that I made over Christmas break, but I wanted to find a chewier recipe. I knew that meant adding some sugar and butter but oh well 🙂
After some googling, I found this recipe and made just a few tweaks.
Ginger Oatmeal Cookies w/ Cranberries & Reeses
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Keywords: bake dessert chocolate cranberry molasses oats
Ingredients (3 dozen)
- 1 c brown sugar, not packed
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 c oats
- 3/4 c Craisins
- 6 Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Beat brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the egg, molasses and vanilla and mix well.
3) Add the flour, oats, ginger, cinnamon and baking soda and mix until combined.
4) Stir in the Craisins & Reeses.
5) Scoop onto greased baking sheets and cook 9-10 minutes.
Give these a try…you won’t regret it!
What’s the weirdest cookie combo you’ve ever made?
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!