A recap of the crossfit workouts I’ve been doing during Weeks 23-31 of pregnancy.
It’s been two months since I shared my workouts with you. Uh….whoops! Good news is I’ve still been fitting them in! Let’s recap what I’ve been doing lately during weeks 23-31 of pregnancy:
1. Rough one all around. Used 55# and finished 4 rounds + 24 reps
2. Finished the wod in 6:22 Rx
3. 5:37 with 75#, ring dips with a red band and 24″ step ups
4. 85# sumo deads, knees to elbow/chest, push-ups 8:31
1. Brutally hard. 9 rounds with 55#.
2. Skipped class today so I could mow the lawn, so I went in during open gym & did back squats and this #wod! Finished in 10:25.
3. Wasn’t feelin’ it, but did a quick garage #wod! 9:33 with a 25# plate
4. Morning #wod! Back squats, then 15:30 for the wod with 24″ stepups, 25# snatches, regular push-ups and 20 pull-ups + 20 ring dips for the muscle ups
1. Long family walk on the 4th of July
2. 4th of July Hero WOD – “Whitten” – used a 35# kb and did 24″ stepups. Feeling pretty darn proud of myself for finishing this one!
3. Did this wod @yourinnerstrong posted last week during open gym. Used a 14# wb and 35# kb and finished in 13:50
4. We redid open workout 14.1. In march I was 7 weeks pregnant and got 252 reps. Today I’m 25 weeks pregnant and got 225 reps- only 27 double unders short of my last score! Feeling pretty proud of myself!
1. Lots of squat cleans, then 9:05 for the wod with 65#. Rough on the wrists!
2. 2.5 mile walk with the dogs, then a quick, light-weight garage wod to work up a sweat! Used 20# dbs and finished in 10:17.
3. Redid 14.2 – fact: things get harder when you’re pregnant…like trying to do chest to bar pull-ups quickly! During the open I got 77 reps, today I got 37 reps…but still proud of myself!
4. Holy effing legs. 3:58 for my 1k row, then 5 + 66 for the #wod with assisted pistols. #babybean14 has gotten too big for me to do legit pistols anymore!
1. Saturday morning #wod with @yakattack7, then a 2.6 mile walk with the boys
2. Basement #wod while hubby did his shoulder PT. I used 20# dbs and a 35# kb. Finished in 15:30!
3. Not many wods lately that I can still Rx but I crushed this one! Got to the round of 80/40 and finished my 80 DUs + 2 hang cleans Rx!
4. Brain says crossfit. Body says rest. Body wins. Took these two on a 3 mile walk, now time for a snack.
1. Snatch complexes, then a wod. I did 55# thrusters and subbed push-ups for TTB. Finished in 5:45
2. Three partner wods + an individual. Did pull-ups for Angie but subbed ring rows in Helen and subbed knees to chest for sit-ups. Finished in 39:35
3. Shoulder burner! Finished 7 + 22 with modified box dips.
4. Had to change things up tonight. Here’s what I did: 5 RFT – 5 DB burpee box step overs (20#), 4 DB snatches (20#), 9 pull-ups, 5 deadlifts (85#), 5 push-ups. Finished in 12:26.
1. Squats and sprints, then a quick wod. I subbed 55# push press for hspu, regular pull-ups for c2b and ring rows for the 20 pull-ups in the middle. Finished in 4:54.
2. Double wod. 4:07 Rx for the first one, then 6+6 with 55# for the second.
3. Burpees made this one rough! I did 25# DB snatches, knees to chest, 55# thrusters and 55# push press for hspu. Finished in 8:33
4. Grace. Not as fun when you can’t PR, but still one of my favs. 2:10 with 65#
1. Finished in 5:35 with 75# and stepups.
2. Holy sweatfest! Best leg workout I’ve done in a while! I pulled a 1:50 & hit 55-56 seconds for all 8 rows and did strict press instead of bench press. Then we had an odd number in class so I did the partner wod with just my built in partner baby bean. Finished 11 rounds with stepups!
3. I did 85# sumo deadlifts. Finished in 9:49.
4. Busy night so I opted for an at-home workout today: 2.5 mile walk with the dogs & a basement wod that I finished in 9:11
1. Did 65# and modified burpees and finished 12 rounds + 5 reps
2. So many pull-ups! 6:38 with step-ups and a 15 pound built-in #babyvest for those pull-ups 🙂
3. All smiles!
4. Bump be walkin…
Other than that, the boys and I have been taking lots of walks. We usually walk about 3 miles per day. If it’s cooler we go longer in the afternoon. If it’s super hot, I’ll usually take them a mile or so before crossfit and then for another walk once it gets dark after dinner.
Overall I feel pretty good about my workouts. There are some weeks where I find myself doing a few more at-home or on my own workouts vs. class and that’s usually because the programmed workouts aren’t the most pregnancy-friendly. Other times I just go and modify what I need to modify.
This was the first week where I had to modify burpees by eliminating the pushup part and pullups are getting harder, but I’m still doing them. I usually sub strict press for handstand pushups, I’ve been doing my pushups on parallettes and I try to make sure I’m not squatting down past parallel for anything sqaut-related. I do sumo deadlifts instead of regular to give my belly more room and try to avoid running more than 800 m at a time because it’s uncomfortable. I can still do double unders without much trouble.
Sometimes I struggle mentally with the light weights, like having to do Grace with 65# instead of 95#, but I know it’s only temporary. Other days I feel super proud of myself for doing the workouts that I’m doing and staying so active. Mostly I’m just happy that both baby and I are healthy and that I’m able to workout! I would guess that within the next few weeks I may start using dumbbells more often than the barbell but I’m just taking it one day at a time.
How have your workouts been lately? Any new favorites?
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!
Linz @ Itz Linz says
you’re seriously amazing and i’m totally impressed how you’ve kept track of this all the last two months!
haha instagram for the win!
Jim Mandoli says
Your organizational skills are amazing! You should write a post about how to better organize training! I could certainly use some tips.
You go, fit mama! Awesome that you have kept at it, even if you have to reduce weights. It will pay off so much when it comes to delivering a baby and then having the stamina to get through the first few months!
Thanks Amanda! hope so!
Dietitian Jess says
You are doing an amazing job staying active during your pregnancy, I’m so impressed and hope when I have a baby I’ll have that kind of motivation!!
thanks jess! it’s one of the few things that makes me feel better so i’m doing as much as i can!
Jaclyn @ Bumpsweat says
Look at you, fit Mama! You’re doing an amazing job for you and baby; keep it up!!
thanks girl! doing my best!
So glad to see you sporting the Team WOD shirt. Looks great on you especially for your third trimester. Keep up the good work! #healthymamahealthybaby
thanks! it’s definitely my new fav shirt!
Heathers Looking Glass says
I unfortunately had to slow down with workouts way sooner than I wanted to, but you are doing great!
hang in there girl! you’re almost there!
Deborah @ Confessions of a Mother Runner says
Impressive how you are keeping up your fitness. You look great and do have the glow 🙂
aww, thanks so much!
you should definitely be proud — what an inspiration!
I’ve been taking fitness classes over my lunch hour, and one of the offerings is an old-school step class. I’m actually enjoying it, although I’m so uncoordinated! Nice post! I like seeing what other folks are doing to stay fit.
awesome! step classes are hard work!
Susanne S says
Hey Lindsay! I’m 27 weeks pregnant and at my very first doctor visit, my doctor told me to cut out jump rope- singles & DU’s… I’m not high risk or anything… just a typical pregnancy so far… I do a bootcamp and we jump rope fairly often, so that’s just one more mod I need… there have been a few other pregnant girls at camp in the past who didn’t stop jumping rope, so I’m not sure why I was told to… any suggestions on this, as I see you’re still knocking out DU’s like a champ!
hmmm definitely something you have to ask your doctor. i’ve heard of high risk pregnancies stopping jumping very early on but my doctor never said anything to me about it!
Susanne S says
Exactly! I was surprised and when I told her other mamas still did it and asked why, she just kept saying not to do it without a real answer. Shrugs. By the way, I’ve been keeping a full stock of those banana, pb, oat muffins and they’re my go-to ALL THE TIME! Thank you!!
Congratulations to you & the hubby… love the blog and love the inspiration I get from you to stay healthy and active (whenever this baby girl let’s those happen, haha) 🙂 Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!
frustrating! so glad you liked the muffins!! Good luck to you as well!
Laura @losingrace says
Staying healthy and active is definitely something to be proud of. While maybe some lighter weights or different workouts, you are still out there trying to do your best and I feel like that is so important. I’m impressed on your keeping track of all this too!
Instagram helps me go back and remember stuff 🙂
Laura @ Mommy Run Fast says
You’re doing awesome! I have no idea how you’re still doing pull ups. I tried in the 3rd trimester and felt like I was ripping out my core muscles. But you’ve been doing them longer than I have (and many more of them!) Way to stay fit and strong for you and your baby!
haha i can definitely feel it in the core, but like i mentioned in today’s post, i pretty much feel that all the time so i feel like i might as well keep doing them 🙂
Diana @sosmallsostrong says
I’m so impressed by how active you’re staying while pregnant. Keep it up girl, you’re setting such an amazing example for us ladies out there!
thanks diana! doing my best!!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves says
You have been killin’ it, Lindsay! I’ve been working on lots of handstands and I’m loving Lori and Michelle’s (Purely Twins) workouts since they’re short but still super challenging!
they post some amazing workouts!
Katrina @Katrina Runs for Food says
Fantastic workouts! I’m looking forward to getting back into CrossFit and running again. We just had a miscarriage at 9 weeks and I need to start slowly building my body back up to trying again. I want to be a strong and fit momma one day! Thanks for sharing these. Very inspirational.
Thanks Katrina! I’ve been following your story and i’m so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you, sending you lots of love. xo
Fit Corner says
Wow, amazing weeks of fitness. Keep it up. You are such an inspiration to the ladies who are experiencing problems balancing a lot from home chores, babies, work and more.