This post was sponsored by some of our Elf4Health sponsors. I was compensated for my time. All opinions are my own.
Elf 4 Health is drawing to a close and it’s been another awesome year. As we wrap things up, we just want to give a shoutout to some of our amazing sponsors! The purpose of these shoutouts is to introduce you to some of the amazing companies we work with by sharing our experiences with them and highlighting some of their products!
So here we go:
Manitoba Harvest is one of the largest manufacturers of hemp foods.
From their website:
When it comes to hemp foods, we want to know as much as possible and be involved at every level – from seed to shelf. Luckily we are! We are tremendously proud to be the world’s largest hemp food manufacturer to grow, make and sell our own line of hemp foods.
We make virtually everything on-site at our world class manufacturing facility. Our manufacturing plant has achieved the highest level of global certification in food safety and quality (BRC Grade A).
They’re committed to quality and making an environmental difference which makes them one of my favorite companies:
Not every seed is created equal, we are the first, and only, hemp food manufacturer to have a comprehensive in-house quality control lab. Seed entering the Manitoba Harvest facility goes through a series of tests at various stages of production before being released to you.
Our facility has been refitted with reusable materials, energy saving utilities, and low-flow water taps. We offset carbon omissions by partnering with renewable choice and purchasing renewable energy credits (REC). By purchasing RECs, we are trying to balance energy used with renewable energy sources. Our REC purchase is equivalent to planting 1,009 mature trees and saving 272,449 miles driven in a car.
Manitoba Harvest partners with like-minded companies. We evaluate our suppliers not just on price, but also on their commitment to social and environmental responsibility. For example, when recently re-evaluating our flavored protein powder sweetener we chose to upgrade to coconut sugar. Coconut sugar is a low glycemic index sweetner AND it is sustainability sourced from small farmers. Coconut sugar may cost a little more but the quality and how the ingredient is sourced is important to us.
Wanna know more about hemp? Here are some fun facts:
So, how can you eat them?
Try hemp hearts:
- Great tasting – Hemp Hearts have a slightly nutty taste, similar to a sunflower seed or pine nut.
- Easy to use – Simply sprinkle Hemp Hearts on salad, cereal & yogurt, add to smoothies and recipes, or eat them straight from the package!
- Nutritious – per 30 gram serving, Hemp Hearts contain 10 grams of plant-based protein and 10 grams of Omegas.
Or check out their Hemp Protein powder:
- HempPro 70 – It’s water soluble and has a smooth texture! It’s also our higher protein option (the Original flavour has 20 grams of protein per 30 gram serving). We love this protein in a post run smoothie or yoga shake (yes, you can literally shake it with your favourite beverage and you’re good to go). Comes in three delicious flavours; Chocolate, Vanilla and Original.
And if you need more recipe inspiration, check out all the delicious recipes on their site.
Cook Smarts is another company I love and support wholeheartedly. Their mission is to empower home cooks by inspiring and educating them. They create tons of educational resources and develop weekly meal plans that you can purchase.
They provide a meal plan- which you can customize to be gluten-free, vegetarian or paleo if necessary to fit your dietary needs, compile a grocery list for you and even tells you what you can prep ahead of time over the weekend. It also provides you with notes about ingredients, ideas for leftovers and cooking videos. Plus they have a great blog!
For more detailed info about how Cook Smarts works, check out THIS POST.
Sweaty Betty is a fitness apparel company whose purpose is to “inspire women to find empowerment through fitness”. They sell workout, yoga and running gear, plus underwear, swimwear and accessories.
I got the opportunity to try out several pieces of their clothing and I’m totally in love. They’re expensive, but the material is high quality and durable and well worth the price in my opinion!
We’d also like to thank the rest of our Elf4Health sponsors for being so awesome. Be sure to check them all out!
The 3 winners of Elf4Health will receive the following:
- 3 months of meal planning from Cook Smarts
- Beautiful workout gear from Sweaty Betty
- Chocolate & Vanilla hemp seed protein powder from Manitoba Harvest
- Swanson Health
- A mixed prize pack from Love Grown Foods
- Dark chocolate Nuttzo + to go packets!
- A Legacy Cheese Gift Box from Cabot Cheese
- A Sampler Pack from Sizzlefish.
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!