Just popping in to give a quick shoutout to one of my favorite bloggers. If you’ve been reading a while, you know I regularly share posts from Cassie over at Back To Her Roots! Not only does she post delicious recipes and take amazing photographs, she also shares fun things like free, printable wellness calendars!
Cassie just published her very first cookbook – Cooking With Greek Yogurt:
She sent me a copy to check out and I LOVE IT! Cassie did an amazing job with the book. There are tons of creative recipes and ways to use Greek yogurt, plus she took all the photos herself! Such an accomplishment.
In the cookbook there is information on Greek yogurt itself and a handy substitutions chart that gives you lots of ways to use Greek yogurt while you’re cooking and baking. All of the recipes look fabulous but on my to-make list are:
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oatmeal
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Gyro Nachos
- Spicy Penne with Shrimp
- Pepperoni Pizza Mac & Cheese
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie
- No Ice Cream Maker Needed Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
She’s even letting me share the recipe for those delicious looking pancakes on the cover with you guys!
Here’s how you make them:
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, applesauce, eggs, syrup, vanilla, and milk. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
2. Spoon 1/2 cup of the batter at a time onto the preheated griddle or skillet. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the edges of the pancake look solid, and bubbles begin to rise to the surface. Flip pancake and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
From COOKING WITH GREEK YOGURT, Cassie Johnston
978 1 58157 239 1
Bonus: I get to give away 2 copies of Cooking With Greek Yogurt to you guys! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway below for a chance to win. Giveaway will run until 11:59pm EST Monday Jan 27th and two winners will be chosen at random. Open to US & Canada.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!