Love blueberries? Here’s a week of meals featuring blueberries with recipes that feature them for every meal of the day!
We’re changing up our meal plan theme this week just a little bit. Instead of focusing on a more general theme, we’re getting specific! I give you: A Week of Meals Featuring Blueberries.
Blueberries will forever and always remind me of summer. Every year while I was growing up, my mom would pick a summer day, load my sister and I into the car after an early morning swim team practice and take us blueberry picking. We’d drive for what seemed like forever, turn down a bumpy road and arrive at the blueberry fields.
There was a little shack where you’d stop and get a basket and then off you went. It was always brutally hot with no shade in sight, but I loved searching for the perfect berries to fill my basket.
When we were done, we transferred out berries to plastic bags, weighed them on the scale and headed home.
I introduced Squish to blueberries a couple weeks ago and I’m happy to say he loves them just as much as I do! So this week I rounded up a bunch of meal ideas that feature these little berries! Some use conventional blueberries, some use wild blueberries and all sound absolutely delicious!
Here you go:
- Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bars via A Healthy Life For Me
- Grab one of these if you’re running late to work or the gym!
- Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie via Kitchen Treaty
- No need to heat up the kitchen, just whip up one of these for breakfast!
- Lemon Blueberry Hummus Protein Pancakes via The Roasted Root
- Perfect for a lazy Saturday morning!
- Arugula Breakfast Salad with Blueberry Dressing via An Edible Mosaic
- Who says veggies aren’t for breakfast?!
- Blueberry Banana Bread Breakfast Parfaits via Nosh and Nourish
- A creative way to use up some of your banana bread!
- Thai chicken Salad Wrap with Blueberries via Spoonful of Flavor
- Perfect for your lunchbox!
- Superfood Bowl with Blueberry Ginger Dressing via Spoonful of Flavor
- This dressing will make pretty much any kind of salad even more delicious!
- Pickled Blueberry Panzanella via Running To The Kitchen
- Think beyond cucumbers for pickling!
- Blueberry Chicken Chop Salad via Gimme Some Oven
- Make a big bowl to last all week!
- Steak & Bleu Cheese Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing via The Creative Bite
- Great way to use leftover steak!
- Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Bacon BBQ Sauce via The Noble Pig
- You’re going to want to put that sauce on everything!
- Wild Blueberry Turkey Burgers via The Lean Green Bean
- No more boring burgers!
- Blueberry Balsamic Pork Chops via Creme de la Crumb
- Add delicious flavor to your porkchops!
- Orange Basil Butter Chicken with Blueberry Sauce via Sugar Dish Me
- Orange and blueberry are the perfect flavor pair!
- BBQ Chicken with Pinot Noir Blueberry Sauce via Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Use a little wine for cooking and drink the rest with dinner!
Snacks & Desserts
As an added bonus, I threw in a few snacks and desserts!
- Blueberry Coconut Muffins via Beyond Frosting
- Wild Blueberry Energy Bars via The Lean Green Bean
- Dark Chocolate Blueberry Energy Bites via The Creative Bite
- Dark Chocolate Blueberry Olive Oil Cookies via Nutmeg Nanny
- Blueberry Cashew Bars via The Lean Green Bean
- One Bowl Blueberry Brownies via Melanie Makes
Want to do some food prep?
- Make a batch of pancakes to reheat throughout the week.
- Bake a loaf of blueberry banana bread for your parfaits.
- Make some breakfast bars.
- Make the maple clusters for your breakfast salad.
- Cook the chicken for your wraps
- Make a batch of dressing to use on your salads
- Pickle some blueberries
- Cook a steak for Sunday dinner so you have leftovers for lunches
- Make a batch of turkey burgers to grill
- Pick a sauce and make a batch for your meat.
- Make some cookies
- Make a batch of energy bites
- Make some cashew bars for the freezer.
[Tweet “Like blueberries? Here are recipes to use them at any meal via @LeanGrnBeanBlog!”]
Want more ideas? Check out the full gallery of weekly meal plans here.
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!
Heather @ Sugar Dish Me says
Gosh I love blueberries! What a great collection! Thank you so much for including me!
Now… which blueberry recipe to have for breakfast… 🙂
Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen says
Wow these all look amazing!! I’ve been loving blueberries on my salad lately. Super great post! 🙂
Athletic avocado says
Wow there are so many great ways to use blueberries! I never knew you could use blueberries in savorury dishes like those turkey burgers! Im sure its amazing!
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona says
I’m seriously loving these posts. Keep them coming!
She Rocks Fitness says
Mmmm…all the blueberries! A client brought me some fresh Texas blueberries last week…Needless to say they were delicious and are way gone…HA! Thanks for sharing all of these!
Erin @ Her Heartland Soul says
Mmm I love blueberries!! Great meal ideas!
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment says
So many great ideas here! I am a huge fan of blueberries.
masala girl says
oh my gosh i love this weeks theme! <3 i don't comment much but i love how you showed blueberries' versatility. I'll definitely be trying a few recipes since I LOVE (!!) blueberries!! 🙂
Faith (An Edible Mosaic) says
I love this! Blueberries are one of the things you just know nature wants us to eat – just look at their gorgeous color! Thank you so much for including me!
Melanie | Melanie Makes says
So loving your collections as of late, Lindsay – this one is full of some amazing blueberry ideas!
oh YES YES YES TO THE TURKEY BURGERS!!!
we love that here in Austin!
Angela @ happy fit mama says
I love love blueberries! I’m counting down the days till the wild blueberries are ripe off our favorite hiking trail. We load up anything we can. So good!
Oh yum! All of these meals look fabulous. I love blueberries!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen says
I love blueberries, but rarely (like never) make them in any savory dishes. The wheels are turning now and I think I’m going to have to get busy with some blueberries in the kitchen!
Christine @ Love, Life, Surf says
I seriously love blueberries and don’t eat them enough. Thanks for all these amazing ideas!
Laura @MotherWouldKnow says
I love blueberries and try to use them often when they’re in season. this is a great round-up – need to try the pork tenderloin!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
Thanks for sharing my muffins!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor says
I want to try every single one of these recipes. I bought a few pints of blueberries today and have to decide what to make first. Thanks for including my recipes!