Love blueberries? Here’s a week of meals featuring blueberries with recipes that feature them for every meal of the day!
We’re changing up our meal plan theme this week just a little bit. Instead of focusing on a more general theme, we’re getting specific! I give you: A Week of Meals Featuring Blueberries.
Blueberries will forever and always remind me of summer. Every year while I was growing up, my mom would pick a summer day, load my sister and I into the car after an early morning swim team practice and take us blueberry picking. We’d drive for what seemed like forever, turn down a bumpy road and arrive at the blueberry fields.
There was a little shack where you’d stop and get a basket and then off you went. It was always brutally hot with no shade in sight, but I loved searching for the perfect berries to fill my basket.
When we were done, we transferred out berries to plastic bags, weighed them on the scale and headed home.
I introduced Squish to blueberries a couple weeks ago and I’m happy to say he loves them just as much as I do! So this week I rounded up a bunch of meal ideas that feature these little berries! Some use conventional blueberries, some use wild blueberries and all sound absolutely delicious!
Here you go:
- Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bars via A Healthy Life For Me
- Grab one of these if you’re running late to work or the gym!
- Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie via Kitchen Treaty
- No need to heat up the kitchen, just whip up one of these for breakfast!
- Lemon Blueberry Hummus Protein Pancakes via The Roasted Root
- Perfect for a lazy Saturday morning!
- Arugula Breakfast Salad with Blueberry Dressing via An Edible Mosaic
- Who says veggies aren’t for breakfast?!
- Blueberry Banana Bread Breakfast Parfaits via Nosh and Nourish
- A creative way to use up some of your banana bread!
- Thai chicken Salad Wrap with Blueberries via Spoonful of Flavor
- Perfect for your lunchbox!
- Superfood Bowl with Blueberry Ginger Dressing via Spoonful of Flavor
- This dressing will make pretty much any kind of salad even more delicious!
- Pickled Blueberry Panzanella via Running To The Kitchen
- Think beyond cucumbers for pickling!
- Blueberry Chicken Chop Salad via Gimme Some Oven
- Make a big bowl to last all week!
- Steak & Bleu Cheese Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing via The Creative Bite
- Great way to use leftover steak!
- Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Bacon BBQ Sauce via The Noble Pig
- You’re going to want to put that sauce on everything!
- Wild Blueberry Turkey Burgers via The Lean Green Bean
- No more boring burgers!
- Blueberry Balsamic Pork Chops via Creme de la Crumb
- Add delicious flavor to your porkchops!
- Orange Basil Butter Chicken with Blueberry Sauce via Sugar Dish Me
- Orange and blueberry are the perfect flavor pair!
- BBQ Chicken with Pinot Noir Blueberry Sauce via Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Use a little wine for cooking and drink the rest with dinner!
Snacks & Desserts
As an added bonus, I threw in a few snacks and desserts!
- Blueberry Coconut Muffins via Beyond Frosting
- Wild Blueberry Energy Bars via The Lean Green Bean
- Dark Chocolate Blueberry Energy Bites via The Creative Bite
- Dark Chocolate Blueberry Olive Oil Cookies via Nutmeg Nanny
- Blueberry Cashew Bars via The Lean Green Bean
- One Bowl Blueberry Brownies via Melanie Makes
Want to do some food prep?
- Make a batch of pancakes to reheat throughout the week.
- Bake a loaf of blueberry banana bread for your parfaits.
- Make some breakfast bars.
- Make the maple clusters for your breakfast salad.
- Cook the chicken for your wraps
- Make a batch of dressing to use on your salads
- Pickle some blueberries
- Cook a steak for Sunday dinner so you have leftovers for lunches
- Make a batch of turkey burgers to grill
- Pick a sauce and make a batch for your meat.
- Make some cookies
- Make a batch of energy bites
- Make some cashew bars for the freezer.
Want more ideas? Check out the full gallery of weekly meal plans here.
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!