Hope you’re enjoying your weekend. Just popping in to share what I prepped last weekend:
- Asian chicken noodle soup. We went out to lunch at a place the served salads and broth bowls. I got a salad but I really wanted a broth both so I came home and made this for dinner. It was a bit of a let down – not enough flavor…so I’ll be making it again soon to improve it and then i’ll share!
- Zoodles – I knew I was going to make this Chicken Sausage Skillet with zoodles for dinner Monday so I prepped the zoodles ahead of time.
- Lettuce for salads
- Sweet potatoes – just slice a few slits and microwave 2 at a time for 6-7 minutes
- Double batch of these Paleo Turkey Sweet Potato Meatballs – I had some fresh mozzarella leftover so I chopped it up and stuffed a little in each meatball.
- A batch of these PB Banana Oat Muffins – I just made them in a mini muffin tin this time
- Whole Wheat Yogurt Waffles – I break them in half and freeze in plastic wrap in a ziploc bag. Then I can just pop half in the toaster for Squish to eat for breakfast.
Here’s what we ate for dinner this week:
- Monday – I made the chicken sausage skillet with zoodles mentioned above.
- Tuesday – I baked a package of chicken while Squish was napping and then cut it up to make chicken and avocado quesadillas for dinner, served with apples and steamfresh veggies.
- Wednesday – I made a quick variation of my One-Pot Shrimp & Orzo. I was out of orzo so I used 90 second rice. I added some bell peppers and fresh mozzarella since I was out of goat cheese.
- Thursday – Last time my parents were here we had stuffed shells. My mom made a double batch and froze half so I popped a package of those in the oven for dinner along with leftover veggies and fruit.
- Friday – dinner out with the fam! I had a chicken quesadilla
- Saturday – Pizza party with friends!
Squish at half a waffle with peanut butter, plus plain full-fat yogurt and a clementine for breakfast every morning. I eat a bowl of Cheerios when he gets up and then a bowl of oatmeal later in the morning. We mostly ate the soup, meatballs, salads and sweet potatoes for lunches.
What are you prepping this week? Remember you can find more post on food prep here.