Time to finally recap Thanksgiving break eats! Let’s get started.
Tuesday night/Wednesday morning
1. my original menu…didn’t end up making all of it, but close
2. ready to be made into soup
3. hey mom, can I get some of the sweet potato?
4. Curried Sweet Potato Soup
made with no celery and vegetable broth, not chicken
5. watching Christmas Vacation by the fire
6. tic tac toe, three pets in a row
7 & 8. Cranberry Sauce
reduced to 2/3 c sugar
9. egg sandwiches for hubby
1. Grandma’s Jello
2. Vegetarian Stuffing
3. Cranberry Corn Muffins
4. we picked up our packets for the turkey trot
5. ran the turkey trot Thanksgiving morning
6. Packed up a cooler for Thanksgiving
I packed carrots and hummus for us to eat as an appetizer, brought cranberry sauce and jello to share, brought fresh green beans for dinner since I don’t like green bean casserole, brought vegetarian stuffing for us, and a couple black bean burgers, plus a quinoa/wild rice mix for protein
7. my thanksgiving plate
8. tired pup
9. busted out the xmas decorations!
1. we got the carpets cleaned so we took the boys on a walk
and spent a lot of time outside
2. leftover soup with wild rice & quinoa mixed in &
topped with cranberry sauce
and a side of stuffing
3. Tucky’s bed relocated to the couch while the carpets dried
4. making vegetable broth for soup
5. Turkey dumpling soup is tradition the day after Thanksgiving,
This year I made it with fish and lentils
6. yes we ate all the stuffing in 2 days so i made more
7. soup for dinner!
8. i LOVE spending time looking at actual cookbooks
9. also did some magazine reading
1. Finally got around to photographing bars from a week ago- recipe soon!
2. working on a side project to healthify peanut blossoms
3. Protein Packed Hot Mexican Layer Dip
4. Lentil Banana Muffins- recipe soon!
So there you have it! And now I’m hungry again