It’s Wednesday! And i’m smack dab in the middle of another busy week.
Fact- I need about extra hours in every single day in order to get things done. For example…yesterday. Here’s what my schedule looked like: Leave the house at 7 am. Get to work at 8. Work 8-3. Drive to campus. Go to class from 4-5:30. Surprise! Got out of class early. Raced home and walked in the door at 6:05. Dropped my bag, changed clothes and ran at out the door at 6:10. Went to crossfit. Got home at 7:50. Changed shoes, leashed up the dogs, out the door at 8. Took the dogs on a 20 minute walk. Home at 8:20. Made dinner, ate dinner, showered. Finally sat down at my computer at 9:30. Attempted to cram about 10 hours worth of stuff into 3 hours. Went to bed!
See what I mean? Anyways. I may be busy…but we’ve still had some good eats around here:
1. Black Beans and veggies in an omlet
2. Eggs, pears, pb toast and Chobani
3. Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes with Chobani and strawberries
4. Hubby’s omelet w/ crumbled bean burger, topped w/ avocado
1. Black bean burger, egg, carrots, pear
2. Fish bowl- beans, fish, veggies, quinoa plus carrots, pear & chips
3. Lentil veggie pot pie, apple and peppers
4. Pb & j, clementines, eggs and peppers
1. Salad with fish cakes, pear and an egg
2. Bean & veggie soup- just a package of dried mixed beans with veggies and some leftover noodles and lots of spices, plus carrots & strawberries
3. Hubby’s tuna melt with carrots & hummus, a egg and berries
4. Stir fry veggies with wheatberries and an egg, pear and some Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato chips and salsa.
1. Takeout veggie pizza- i showed you this last week- but i’m too lazy to fix the collage!
2. Random: fish, quinoa, black beans, peppers, avocado, onion & chips
3. Lentil Veggie Pot Pie with an apple
4. Fish Cake salad- I didn’t follow a recipe..but best guess: 2 cups leftover fish, flaked, 1/2 sweet potato microwaved until soft, 1 c quinoa, 3 Tbsp hummus, some old bay and about 1/2 c breadcrumbs…smash together and form into cakes. bake at 400 for 18 minutes, flipping once
1. Homemade black bean burger, salad and carrots
2. Pumped up tuna wiggle. My favorite childhood dinner with some extra oomph! It’s just 2 cans of tuna, 1 c white beans, 2.5 c frozen veggies (defrosted), 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 c skim milk, some noodles and cayenne pepper & paprika. Mix it all together, cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30 min or so!
3. Stir fried veggies with lentils, wheatberries and an egg. Kinda like fried rice, except with wheat berries.
4. Homemade pizza with fresh mozz, avocado, mushroom, red pepper and onion plus a strawberry spinach salad.
Odds and Ends
Last night’s dinner: Sweet & Spicy Shrimp with soba noodles, carrots and a salad.
A little treat I whipped up over the weekend. Yes, I’m teasing you. I have to figure out what to call them, and make them again, and take pretty pictures…all that jazz Stay tuned!