Time for more Sunday Food Prep!
Last weekend I took advantage of the 3 day weekend and after getting up and working for a couple of hours, I had some fun in the kitchen. I made:
- Sweet potato bites with blueberries
- Pancakes for hubby for breakfast
- Hubby’s fav Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Tuna salad
- Quinoa to make Quinoa Breakfast Bars later
- PB Banana Muffins- recipe coming soon
- Balled some watermelon for snacking
On Sunday I wasn’t feeling well, but with hubby’s help we still managed to get some prep done. He took over the grilled and grilled:
And I was in charge of the veggies and some breakfast bars!
Here’s what you guys have been up to:
Kristi at Becoming Supersonic -
I like to make a salad with the chard, roasted carrots and parsnips and some of the rice. I also like to add some goats cheese and chicken to that. The pineapple is for breakfast with yogurt or as a snack with some cottage cheese. The cherries are for snacks or to go with my lunch. And the white bean hummus is tasty on a pita or with fresh chopped veggies.
Nora at A Clean Bake -
- Chopped and washed veggies include raw cucumbers, carrots, daikon, zucchini, bok choy, lettuce, baby spinach, radishes, celery and lightly steamed green beans. In addition, I made snack bags of baby carrots to eat with hummus (not pictured) for weekday snacks.
- For breakfast, I made gluten free bagels, vegan (cashew) cream cheese, and crustless quiche. Also for breakfast porridges and lunch and dinner sides, there is quinoa and brown rice, which I make in huge batches every few weeks and freeze in small portions that I can defrost at the beginning of each week.
- For protein, there are hard-boiled eggs, canned tuna, paleo veggie burgers, and baked chicken and fish.
- I also pre-made some salads: kale and avocado, and a carrot and daikon slaw with raisins and peanut sauce.
- Finally, for dessert/sweet snacks, I made date-cocoa energy bites, rhubarb-cherry mini pies, plain cherries, and fruit juice popsicles (not pictured).
-Pressed tofu blocks (not pictured) for grilling
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?