Time for the first Fitness Friday of 2014! The last workout I shared when we left off was my drop-in WOD at Crossfit Dumbo while we were visiting my parents. Here’s what I’ve been up to since then:
1. Adjusting to wodding again after a little break due to xmas and traveling
2. Sunday Funday- This ended up being much harder than it sounded when we made it up- 3+17
3. Worst combo for your wrists is heavy overhead squats and pushups- 7 + 2 Rx
4. New Year’s Day WOD – 2 + 38 Rx+ (I did 75# thrusters and 20# wall balls)
I suffered my first box jump injury. I was working out by myself, wasn’t focusing on what I was doing and totally missed the box. The picture doesn’t do it justice…this bruise was gnarly. And it didn’t go away for over two weeks. I even had pants on when I did this. Painful.
1. Good one! Lots of hang cleans & squat cleans at 115#, then 8+7 Rx for the #wod
2. A slightly modified version of the filthy 50 to kick off Saturday! 32:28
3. Sunday Funday – 16:02 with banded ring dips
4. Overhead squats- got 3 @ 115#, then conditioning test- did scale 1 (5 thrusters, 5 pullups and 5 burpees every minute on the minute for as long as you can) and finished 11 rounds with all butterfly pull-ups!
1. Woof. Finished 6 + 2 rounds and let me just say, doing 62 chest to bar pullups is NOT fun.
2. Loved this #wod – 7:34 Rx
3. Tore my hand doing chest to bar earlier this week so had to skip today’s wod and do something that didn’t involve pull-ups or holding a barbell! Finished this one in just over 8 min with a 20# wall ball and 25# plate for the lunges.
4. This is what I was doing when I got my boxjump injury.
It’s fun to flex your muscles every once and a while
Friends & I tried something new last weekend! Church &#crossfit combo. An inspiring message about how we’re all fighting for something in our lives…and then a tough #wod. I did the middle option with pull-ups, TTB and goblet squats.
1. Best #wod we’ve done in a while! 7+3 Rx
2. Rough. 5:09 Rx
3. 7:10 Rx
4. Still patiently waiting for my custom nanos to get here! Can’t wait!
In other news, it’s almost time for the Open! This is basically the beginning of the road to the Crossfit Games. Anyone can participate in the Open. It’s five weeks long and they announce a new workout each week. Once the workout is announced, you have 4 days to either go to a crossfit affiliate and do the workout or videotape yourself doing it. Everyone does the same workout, with the same weight and you submit your scores. Then after 5 weeks, the top 45-60 competitors in each region go on to regionals and the top finishers at regionals go to the crossfit games.
Last year I’d only been doing Crossfit for about 3 months when it started. I was nervous, the weights were heavy, the skills were hard. This year I’m excited. I’m stronger and more skilled…but that doesn’t mean it will be easier. That’s what I love about Crossfit…you can always make it harder. You can always push yourself more. You can always go faster, get more reps…I can’t wait to see what the workouts are for this year!
That’s all for today! Happy Friday!