Time for another Fitness Friday!
Not much time for chitchat today since I’m writing this post in a hurry/I should be studying. I hope you all had an awesome week of workouts!! Let’s take a look at what I did:
Feb 10th– rest day
Feb 11th– A couple of weeks ago at the grocery store I bought a pack of paper plates so I could try out a paper plate workout. I did some research on some of the moves you could do and put together my own workout! The plan was to make a video of the moves to show you, but this week was a bit CRAZY…so it didn’t happen.
Here’s what it looked like:
You can google these exercises but they’re pretty self explanatory.
- Reverse lunges: Put one foot on a paper plate and slide back into a lunge.
- Hamstring bridge slides: Lay on your back, raise your butt in the air and put one foot on a paper plate. Slide the plate in towards your butt and out away from use, using your hamstrings to do most of the work.
- Mountain Climbers: Just like regular ones except instead of lifting your feet off the ground, keep each foot on a paper plate and slide your feet in and out.
- Plank Leg Cross-Thru: Get in plank position (arms straight). Put one foot on a paper plate and bend your leg slightly to move it just a bit in front of your other let. Slide the foot on the plate in front of your other foot (and under your body) then switch directions and move it out to the side away from you.
- Plank Arm Circles: In straight arm plank position, place one hand on a paper plate. Use your shoulder muscles to move the plate in a circle.
- Side to Side Shuffles: Put each foot on a paper plate. Slide your feet along the floor on the plates as you shuffle three times in one direction, then reverse and shuffle back.
- Curtsy Lunges: Put one foot on a paper plate and slide it diagonally behind you, bend at the knee into a lunge position as if doing a curtsy
- Seated Side Lat Pull: Sit with your feet tucked to the side of your legs. Place the hand on the side you’re leaning towards on a paper plate. Slide it out and then back in, using the other hand for balance and using your lat muscles to pull you back to your starting position.
- Plank Jacks: Just like normal except instead of jumping your feet in and out, slide them in and out on paper plates.
- Side Lunges: Just like normal except instead of stepping out to one side, put your foot on a plate and slide out before bending down inton a lunge position.
- Plank Knee Tucks: Get in plank position (straight arms). Put each foot on a paper plate. Slide one foot in, bringing the knee toward the opposite elbow.
- Arm Crawls: Place each foot on a paper plate. Get in straight arm plank position. Pull yourself across the floor with your arms, letting your feet slide behind you on the plates.
I loved this workout. I worked up quite a sweat and could really feel my thighs working!
Feb 12th– It’d been a while since I did a good tabata so I put one together that was all legs and by the end I was FEELIN THE BURN! One of my favs so far!
Feb 13th– Put together another fun workout that revolved around burpees. This was a real challenge for me because I hate burpees 🙂 Plus I was pretty sore from the previous two workouts this week!
I was DEFINITELY ready to be done by the end of the 4th circuit!
Feb 14th– Rest day!
Feb 15th– Hubby got me a med ball for Valentine’s day so I put together a workout to test it out.
My abs and shoulders were definitely feeling the burn on this one. If this is too hard for you, you could easily just do it one time through, or drop the reps down to 25 instead of 50!
Feb 16th- Rest day. Lately I’ve been taking my rest days on Tuesdays and Fridays and it’s been working out well….but this week I did a little rearranging and took my second rest day on Thursday so I could study.
So there you have it. Feel free to pin these to save them for later, and let me know if you give any of them a try!!