Time for some more food prep inspiration! Here’s what I prepped last weekend. I split my prep into two sessions on Sunday, a little bit during each naptime.
- Sweet Potato Banana Bites (except i was out of bananas so I used applesauce)
- HB eggs- I make mine in the pressure cooker
- Sweet potato
- Date paste – dates soaked in hot water and then pureed
- Freezer turtle bars – using some of that date paste! recipe coming soon!
- Lemon Energy Bites
- Egg Muffins – I use this Paleo Breakfast Casserole recipe and make it in muffin tins
- Roasted veggies for squish – squash, mushrooms and red peppers
- Popsicles for Squish since he’s teething – I mix prunes, sweet potato and peanut butter
- Roasted potatoes
- Homemade chicken sausage breakfast patties – recipe coming soon!
- Ranch chicken tenders marinating
- Crockpot pork stew – just like a traditional beef stew, except I used pork
A lot of the stuff i made was for breakfasts, snacks and lunches. I also bought a bunch of chicken and some shrimp that I could use to make quick dinners. Here’s a quick recap:
Monday: Pork stew and ranch chicken
Tuesday: I sauteed shrimp, red peppers, onions and garlic in some thai chili sauce and mixed it with a package of steamfresh brown rice
Wednesday: I sauteed chicken, peppers, onions, mushrooms and cumin, spooned it over tortilla chips and topped with avocado, cheese and salsa for nachos. I forgot and made it too spicy for Squish so he had some chicken sausage, sweet potato and hb egg.
Thursday: Hubby grilled our last package of chicken and sauteed peppers, asparagus, onions, garlic, spinach and mushrooms and put it all inside some pillsbury dough with cheese to make stromboli that we dipped in pasta sauce.
And a few of yours:
Heather at The Nutty Nutritionist:
Sweet potato banana bites, homemade protein bars, brown rice, pinto beans, sliced strawberries, roasted vegetables
Ilana at The Wellness World:
This week, I made chickpea, carrot and onion burgers with roasted brussel sprouts for lunch. They were incredibly quick and easy to make with my handy dandy food processor! And for dinners for the week, I am having quinoa+cheese (protein-packed spin on mac+cheese) with broccoli, cauliflower, and onions. For snacks, I am having strawberries, dates, applesauce, and carrot, orange, and cucumber juice!
Are you food prepping? Need some tips to get started? Check out all of my favorite food prep posts to get inspired.
Then do your own prep and send me a pic so I can share it on the blog!