Good news friends! These donuts were waaaay more successful than my last batch!
Here’s the original recipe…I didn’t really change anything.
Pumpkin Mini Donuts
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 6-8 min
Keywords: bake breakfast donuts pumpkin summer fall winter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbl. milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbl. milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
For the donuts
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream together the brown sugar, canned pumpkin, eggs, milk, butter and vanilla extract until the butter is well incorporated.
3. With your mixer on medium low speed, slowly add the dry sifted ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix until just barely combined. Be careful of over mixing.
4. Spray the donut pan with cooking spray and fill each donut mold halfway with the pumpkin batter. (I spooned the batter into a ziploc bag and piped it into the rings.)
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 6 – 8 minutes or until the exterior springs back when touched.
Mix until smooth and creamy. The glaze should pour easily from a spoon. You may need to add additional milk or powder sugar to get the right consistency.
The pumpkin makes these darker so they look more like fried donuts and the consistency is more like a cake donut than the last batch. YUMMY!!!
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!