The Ultimate Guide to Food Prep
To share my best food prep tips, I've written an ebook called The Ultimate Guide To Food Prep. I believe that a lot of people have good intentions when it comes to food prep but they have one of the following excuses:
- They don't have enough time.
- They don't know what to make.
- They don't like eating leftovers.
While I understand all of these excuses, I don't think they should prevent anyone from doing food prep. I wrote this ebook to provide in-depth details to help you overcome these obstacles.
In this ebook you'll find:
- A discussion about food prep and the two different approaches you can take
- Trouble-shooting for 4 common food prep problems
- Suggestions for making food prep part of your weekend routine
- Helpful kitchen tools, appliances and hacks to make it easier
- Tips on food safety and food storage
- Tips for using your food prep sessions to also stock your freezer
- Suggestions if you don't like leftovers
- Free printables including grocery and meal planning templates, packable lunch and snack ideas and DIY tips for saving money.
Or, Bundle it Up!
The Ultimate Guide to Food Prep Ebook & PDF Bundle
- Instant digital download so you can get started as soon as you purchase the ebook.
- Includes free printables for grocery and meal planning templates as well as packable lunch and snack ideas.
- 10 Page PDF Bundle (My Top 12 Meal Planning Tips, How To Prep Freezer Meals, Easy Ways To Repurpose Leftovers, All About The New Nutrition Label, 23 Healthy Store-Bought Snacks Guide, 2 Printable Food Prep Planning Templates)
The Ultimate Guide to Food Prep Ebook & Table Talk Ebook Bundle
- Instant digital downloads of The Ultimate Guide to Food Prep and Table Talk: Tips & Tricks for Feeding Young Childen
Just like almost everyone else I know, I spend most of my days being busy and tired, but I still want to eat well and provide healthy meals for my family. Several years ago I started sharing photos of my weekly food prep sessions on my blog and social media platforms to help encourage people to add food prep to their weekly routine.
As a Registered Dietitian, I’m often asked for advice about how to live a healthier lifestyle. Many times the questions come from busy people who have good intentions, but just can’t seem to find enough hours in the day to sleep enough, work hard, exercise AND eat well. My number one suggestion for people who are having trouble staying on track during the week is food prep.
Food prep is probably the most under-rated, under-utilized healthy living tool.
Making it a habit to spend even one hour on the weekend to prep food can make a huge difference in your food choices during the upcoming week.
Instead of stressing out about what to make for breakfast or dinner every single night, you can have a fridge full of healthy options that can simply be reheated or easily combined into a balanced meal.
Hello! My name is Lindsay Livingston and I'm a Registered Dietitian, busy mom and author of The Ultimate Guide To Food Prep.
I've been sharing healthy recipes, nutrition tips and more on this healthy living blog for the past 6 years. I blogged through my entire journey as I returned to school to become an RD, even when I was attending school full-time and working part-time.
Currently, I have a 19-month old son who I watch full-time and I also work full-time on the blog and doing nutrition communications work, all while pregnant with my second child.
“As a busy Mom of two toddlers, there’s not much time to spend leisurely cooking meals for my family. Lindsay’s guide to food prep has changed not only how I approach my weekly meal planning, but how I spend my time post-grocery shopping. What I love most are her tips for using your time efficiently when it comes to food prep— making the most out of the 45-60 minutes I set aside for prepping healthy foods so I come away with 5-6 different meals or meal components for the busy week ahead!” -Katie Serbinski, RD (Mom To Mom Nutrition)
“I love that Lindsay talks all about how to make food prep work for YOU. You don’t have to match what you see on Pinterest or Instagram—this book offers practical advice to help you figure out a personalized food prepping routine that works for your life, your family, and your schedule.” -Cassie Johnston (Back To Her Roots)
“Lindsay’s ebook is perfect for anyone new to food prepping or even those looking to improve their food prep routine. She has so many great tips, recipe ideas and even a section for how to meal prep if you hate leftovers. I encourage all my health coaching clients to food prep so I’ll definitely be recommending this ebook to them.” -Brittany Mullins (Eating Bird Food)
"I quickly realized food prep was going to become a necessary part of my lifestyle after my baby was born if I hoped to maintain a healthy diet and regularly prepare and eat nutritious food. Lindsay is the queen of food prep and her ebook does a fantastic job of making something that can be overwhelming seem easy and doable for everyone. Her simple tips are easy to implement and take the guesswork out of food prep." --Julie Fagan (pbfingers.com)
"Lindsay is the QUEEN of meal planning and prep! Her new food prep guide will be helpful to anyone looking to introduce a meal prep routine in order to reduce stress and decrease hands-on cooking time during the week. It also includes some great food hacks - I had no idea you could hard boil eggs in the oven, or that you could bake green bananas to quickly ripen them up for recipes!" - Anne Mauney, MS, RD (fannetasticfood.com)