No-Bake Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Bars
These No Bake Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Bars are the perfect spring dessert!
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup dates, pitted (~20 dates)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup 2% greek yogurt, plain
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut, shredded & unsweetened (optional)
- Place walnuts and almonds into a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Constantly stir for ~5 minutes, or until nuts are slightly toasted (be careful not to let them burn).
- Into a food processor, add toasted nuts, sea salt and dates. Process until the mixture forms a dough.
- Place grated carrots into a couple paper towels and squeeze the excess moisture out of the carrots.
- Dump the shredded/squeezed carrots and the dough into a bowl and combine. Press dough into a parchment paper lined 8×8-inch dish.
- Now make your frosting. In a bowl, use an electric mixer to combine greek yogurt, cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix on high speed until smooth.
- Spread frosting over pressed out dough. Sprinkle with coconut. Allow bars to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour before slicing into 9 bars.
P.S. If you have a coconut hater in your life (like I do), you can just leave the coconut flakes off.
- Serving Size: Makes 9 Bars