Cottage Cheese Egg Muffins
These Cottage Cheese Egg Muffins are a high-protein breakfast option that can be prepped ahead of time and eaten on the run! They’re a fun change from traditional egg cups!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Makes 8-9 muffins
- 1 cup diced vegetables (i used bell peppers and mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup diced, cooked chicken (or beans)
- 1 c kale, finely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 c cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Saute vegetables, chicken/beans, spices and kale over med-high heat until veggies are just soft (5-7 minutes)
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese and cheese in a large bowl. Stir in vegetable mixture until well combined.
- Spoon into a well-greased muffin tin. I fill my tins pretty full and usually make about 9 muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until eggs are set.
You could also use spinach instead of kale.