Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken
This Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken is the perfect weeknight dinner. Packed with summer vegetables and herbs for flavor, this one pan meal means cleanup is a breeze.
1–1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
1 medium zucchini
1 medium yellow summer squash
1 bell pepper (red, orange or yellow)
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1–2 ears of corn
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp oregano
juice from one lemon
1 Tbsp oil (avocado or olive)
2–3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
fresh basil, chopped
- Dice chicken and peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice squash and zucchini, then cut slices in half or quarters.
- Place chicken, squash, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes on a large sheet pan. line with foil if desired.
- Mix garlic, lemon juice, oil and oregano in a small bowl and pour over sheet pan. Stir to combine.
- Add shucked corn on the cob to the sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 12 min or until chicken pieces reach 165 degrees F.
- Transfer to serving bowl, slice corn off cobb, add mozzarella pearls, 2-3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and chopped fresh basil to taste. Stir to combine and serve.
Optional- Skip the herbs and toss everything in pesto instead