Red Lentil Chicken Nuggets
These Red Lentil Chicken Nuggets are made with a combination of red lentils and ground chicken. They’re kid-friendly and easy to make for a weeknight dinner.
- Author: Lindsay
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 25-30 nuggets 1x
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 cup dry red lentils (about 3/4 cup cooked)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1.5 cups panko breadcrumbs for coating (more if needed)
- Cook red lentils. (I put mine in a pan with water, cover, bring to a boil, crack the lid and reduce to simmer or 5 min and then drain).
- Put the lentils in a food processor and pulse several times.
- Add chicken, egg and spices and process until combined.
- Place panko breadcrumbs on a plate or in a dish.
- Take chicken mixture one tablespoon at a time. Roll in breadcrumbs and form into nugget shape. (Depending on size you should get 25-30 nuggets)
- Bake at 400 for 13-15 minutes, flipping halfway, or until thermometer inserted into a stack of nuggets registers 165 degrees F.