Honey Garlic Air Fryer Tofu
This Honey Garlic Air Fryer Tofu recipe is perfect for a quick, weeknight meal. Pair it with rice and vegetables or add to your favorite salad. This can also be made in the oven!
- Author: Lindsay
- Yield: serves 3-4 1x
1 (14 oz) block extra firm tofu
1/3 cup cornstarch
spray oil (I use avocado oil)
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
2–3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp fresh ginger
1.5 Tbsp honey
optional: sesame seeds, green onions, sriracha
- Press tofu for at least one hour. I cut the block in half to make two thinner pieces, place on a plate, top with another plate and set a heavy skillet on top.
- Drain excess liquid and then cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Place in a bowl and toss gently with cornstarch.
- Preheat air fryer at 375 F for 5 minutes. Place tofu in the air fryer and spray lightly with oil.
- Cook in air fryer for 20 minutes, shaking every 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and honey. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed and mix well.
- Transfer tofu to a skillet and add sauce. Saute 3-5 minutes, stirring to coat all pieces in the sauce and let the sauce thicken.
- Serve with sesame seeds, sliced green onions and sriracha if desired.
If you don’t have an air fryer you can place the cornstarch coated tofu on a baking sheet, spray with oil and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.