This recipe for Pear Gingerbread is perfectly spiced and full of flavor. It’s easy to mix up in a blender and is great for an afternoon snack or topped with some ice cream for a holiday dessert.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 2 cups chopped pears
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- Optional glaze – 1/4 cup plain yogurt + 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Optional topping – pomegranate arils
- Combine all ingredients except flour in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add flour to blender and process until just combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan at bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze and top with pomegranate just before serving if desired.
If you don’t have a blender you could use a food processor.
Or, just puree pears and mix everything in a mixing bowl.
Or simple mash pears well by hand.