No-Bake Peppermint Chocolate Bites
These No-Bake Peppermint Chocolate Bites are simple, healthy and ready in minutes. This gluten-free recipe would make a great addition to your holiday cookie tray!
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: approximately 16 balls
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2-4 Tbsp milk – dairy or non-dairy (you could also use water)
- Optional coating: crushed candy canes & melted white chocolate
- Put almonds and pepitas in a food processor and pulse until well chopped.
- Add dates and pulse several times to chop.
- Add cocoa powder, peppermint extract and milk (or water) and process until well combined. (I’d start with 2 Tbsp of liquid and add more if needed.
- Form mixture into balls. Mixture will be a little bit wet and slightly sticky.
- Roll in crushed candy canes or drizzle with white chocolate if desired.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
– You can eat these straight out of the freezer if you like them super cold.
– Feel free to sub in your favorite nuts or seeds.
– If you want an even sweeter treat, sub 1 Tbsp maple syrup for 1 Tbsp milk