Dairy-Free Lactation Cookies
These Dairy-Free Lactation Cookies are the perfect snack for nursing moms. Not breastfeeding? Leave out the brewers yeast and enjoy an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie for dessert!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 heaping Tablespoons brewers yeast
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine coconut oil and peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 60 seconds or until coconut oil is melted. Stir well to combine.
- Add brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Scoop onto greased or lined cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
If you don’t need them to be lactation cookies, leave out brewers yeast and add an extra Tbsp of flax.