Time for another weekly eats recap. Let’s start with last week since I pretty much ate the same thing the whole week long!
On Sunday I made a full Thanksgiving dinner for hubby and I. We alternate going to my parents for Thanksgiving and staying here with his family. This year was our year to stay here, so we had plans to go to his aunt and uncles…however Thanksgiving is a traditional holiday and I have my family favorites that I like to have each year, so I decided to just make them all since I knew we’d both be ok with eating lots of leftovers!
Here’s what I made:
- A 10 pound turkey
- Mom’s Stuffing- I used my vegetarian stuffing recipe but used chicken sausage this year
- Grandma’s jello
- Green Beans
- Mom’s Fresh Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Corn Muffins
- Mom’s Curried Sweet Potato Soup
And here’s what my plate looked like for pretty much the next week:
1. I made a second batch of stuffing 2 days after I made the first. Yeah, we love it. I also made another batch of jello, and two more batches of cranberry sauce 🙂
2 & 3. I also made a batch of my grandma’s Turkey Dumpling Soup after I cooked the turkey.
4. Dinner on actual Thanksgiving- same as before except with some corn casserole!
Once we moved on from Thanksgiving, I did add a little variety to my eats, but not much!
1 & 2. Oatmeal with crunchy chocolate Nuttzo & pumpkin seeds has been my go-to breakfast combo lately.
3 & 4. I’ve also been loving egg sandwiches, especially with leftover cranberry sauce!
1. Lentil Veggie Pot Pie with some leftover chicken
2. Grilled Cheese w/ Pesto & Black Bean Spread
3. Lentil Veggie Curry– added some mung beans!
4. Hubby has been obsessed with sliders lately so he made some for a snack
1 & 2. It’s all about balance 🙂
3. Cranberry Cheddar Salmon Sliders (recipe coming Friday!)
1. First batch of homemade beef jerky for hubby in my new dehydrator!
2 & 3. Yesterday’s #elf4health challenge was to eat the rainbow. My breakfast and lunch were quite colorful!
4. Gluten-Free Blueberry Sweet Potato muffins- recipe coming next week!
That’s all for today!
How were your eats this week?