Time for another edition of Weekly Eats! Here’s a look at what I’ve been eating lately:
- Still loving loaded oatmeal bowls for breakfast
- Hubby made me eggs, toast & bacon for brunch
- However, he didn’t get up until noon so I had to have an early morning snack!
- Sauteed veggies topped with quinoa, black beans & grilled pork tenderloin
- My fav- homemade tortilla, eggs, avocado & salsa
- Chicken Tortilla Soup and pb tortilla
- Soup and Salad
- Jumbo salad bowl with veggies, quinoa and some leftover pork
- I saw the lattice top pot pie idea in the new Cooking Light and couldn’t resist. I made my Lentil Veggie Pot Pie recipe and used their crust recipe. I think the oven temp might have been a bit high because mine got pretty dark after only half the time….but still tasted fine. However, I still prefer puff pastry for the topping!
- Post Crossfit competition refuel- mac and cheese, beer and bbq
- Did a little stress baking before my crossfit comp and made some cookies. Recipe below.
Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
1/2 c pb
1 medium banana (extra ripe)
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 c oats
Mix together wet, add oats and baking soda, and choc chips.
Bake at 350 for about 12 min.
- Salad with quinoa, black beans, veggies, avocado & salas
- Sweet & Spicy Shrimp with Soba Noodles – I added some extra veggies like squas, sweet potato & swiss chard
- Quinoa, black beans, eggs with salsa and tortilla chips
- Random snack- carrots & hummus and some froyo bites
That’s all for today, friends!
What’s the best thing you ate this week?!