Time for another edition of Weekly Eats! Here’s what I’ve been eating lately:
Also known as the week I didn’t go grocery shopping and ran out of cereal for breakfast.
1. Lentil veggie curry with quinoa
2. Microwaved sweet potato with cod, black beans and quinoa
3. Kale salad with veggies, black bean meatless meatballs and salsa
4. Kale salad with grilled veggies and a greek black bean burger
**Note: I prep my kale on Sundays. I cut the stems off, wash and dry it, then combine lemon juice and olive oil in a little bowl and pour it over the kale. Use your hands to rub the mixture over all the kale pieces. This will help soften it up. Then I keep it in the fridge for a few days and use as needed!
1. Salsa! i just used the corn kernels from one ear of corn, about 1 1/2 c black beans, 3 medium tomatoes, a small onion, 2 jalapenoes, 1 medium avocado, a whole bunch of cilantro, the juice from one lime and just a PINCH of salt if you want. combine it all in a bowl and let it sit for at least an hour, then dig in
2. Snack time
4. Beautiful berries
1. Spaghetti squash topped with grilled veggies, salmon and BBQ sauce, plus berries, carrots & eggs
2. Fish tacos with black beans and strawberry avocado salsa (strawberries, avoacdo, corn, red onion and lemon juice all mixed together!)
3. Hubby’s lunch- BBQ chicken tacos with black beans, cheese, corn and strawberry avocado salsa
4. Hubby’s lunch: BBQ chicken & avocado plus berries and cottage cheese!
1. Fro yo with mom. Shoulda been in last week’s post but I was too lazy to add it before it was published.
2. Had to take mom to Grater’s on her last night visiting
3. Hubby and I have been enjoying Peanut Butter Avocado Cookies all week
4. Weekend date night: quesadilla, hummus platter and an Oberon.
1. Salmon salad with kale, corn, black beans, avocado and salsa
2. Salmon fritatta with black beans, red peppers and onion
3. Bought a new jar of pear butter! My favorite. Just pears and pear juice, no added sugar. Delish with pb on toast
4. Black bean meatless meatball wrap with corn, avocado, cheese, onion and red peppers
That’s all, friends!
Let’s chat: What’s the best thing you ate this week?