After a few weeks off, we’re back on the food prep train. Here’s what I did last weekend:
- Tuna Apple Salad – recipe soon
- Mexican Skillet Casserole – recipe soon
- Pulled Pork
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Sweet Potato Bites
- GF PB Chocolate Chip Bars
Bonus: I did almost all of it with baby in the Ergo. It like wearing a weighted vest and getting in an extra workout each day!
Here’s what some of you did:
Debbie from Western Australia:
Today’s prep :
Cooked a whole chicken in the slow cooker last night and used it to make –
– Chicken, bacon and zucchini crust less quiche
– Chicken, carrot, cucumber and broccoli sprout rice paper rolls with Vietnamese dipping sauce for a couple of day’s lunches
– Leftover chicken to use for chicken pizzas later in the week
Also hard boiled some eggs for snacks
Made three breakfast wraps
Jodie at Source One Nutrition –
- Turkey Kielbasa and peppers
- Ground turkey with black beans, tomatoes and chiles
- Apricot chicken in the crockpot
- Green beans
- Brussels sprouts
We will eat all of this for lunches and dinners for the first few days of the week or as long as it lasts! A little prepping is better than none at all. Being in the kitchen has always been a little stress reliever for me so I very much enjoyed the hour I had in there today. Hopefully next week I can do a little baking to prep some snack for us.
Amy at AHealtheEater –
I have: Cooking Light’s beef and broccoli (some too freeze too), chopped fresh veggies to roast, lower calorie broccoli cheese soup, green smoothies for snacks, mini cheese pizzas, and multigrain bread chopped and ready for the soup! #healthy2015
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?