We got a little bit of food prep done over here last weekend. Not much, but in my opinion, anything is better than nothing!
Here’s what some of you prepped last week:
Amy at Healthy Hungry Happy –
This is all food I prepped, then froze to use throughout the next week or so. Just started doing lots of freezer meals it’s really nice and convenient!
Clockwise from the too left :
Whole wheat pancakes for my two year old (and sometimes me)
Elk meat and black bean burritos for quick lunches
Slow cooker turkey bolognese- I plan on having with spaghetti squash
Slow cooker Greek chicken breasts- I’ll prep some quinoa with this
Pulled pork- cooked in the slow cooker. I’ll thaw it when we need some for lunches or quick BBQ dinner.
Paleo pumpkin muffins- I like to freeze these then take out a couple at a time so I don’t eat the whole bag at once 🙂
This week I’ve prepared snacks in the hope of making better choices when I’m grazing.
Included in the pic are:
- Apple crisps
- Baked Sweet Potato
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chia Seed Pudding, one vanilla, one raspberry
- Cucumber slices with mint and olive oil
Starting from the top right corner:
– Washed and dried blueberries for smoothies and breakfast this week
– Made chicken sausage, butternut squash and kale soup (from Mountain Mama Cooks) for dinner tonight and leftovers during the week!
– Hard boiled eggs (quick snacks for me and the hubby
– Washed and chopped strawberries for breakfast, snacks, or smoothies
– Baked pumpkin spice energy bars for snacks (from Mountain Mama Cooks again…she’s got some great recipes!). I’ve been making these each week and they’re a huge hit in our house. Might have to stock up on pumpkin butter before it disappears from the TJ’s shelves!
– Washed and chopped bell peppers for lunches, dinners, or a quick snack with some hummus
– Made warm lentil salad for lunches this week (from Simply Stacie)
Dani at Dani California Cooks –
While I travel for work most weeks, it doesn’t make sense to do too much food prep, but I do love taking pre-made breakfast items with me. So I posted about my Single Serving Baked Chia Banana Oatmeal.
Top left- Ezekiel bread portioned out. Roasted yellow squash/zucchini. Cooked lean ground beef. Sautéed mushrooms and extra zucchini.
Top right- veggie frittata (6 servings. 20% egg, 80% egg white), bagged sliced cucumbers
Bottom left- Steel cut oats
Bottom right- paleo spaghetti squash pie. (Dinner/lunch for a few days)
Not shown – slow cooker carnitas
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?