It’s food prep day. Here’s a look at what I prepped last weekend:
- Homemade veggie broth
- Fro yo bites – plain yogurt, raspberries, pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips
- Sweet potato bites – except i subbed pumpkin for sweet potatoes and chocolate nuttzo for pb
- Quinoa breakfast bars
- Curried Sweet Potato Soup
Here’s what some of you have been up to:
Nora at A Clean Bake –
- Roasted brussels sprouts, steamed green beans, snap peas, salad mix, grape tomatoes and baby spinach for lunch salads
- Marinated pork and chicken, oven-baked hard boiled eggs, chicken salad, and jerk chicken (holy cow we are going to eat a lot of chicken this week) for lunch and dinner proteins
- Stir fry, which freezes and defrosts easily, so I always make some for quick lunches or dinners
- Pumpkin quinoa bars, eqq white frittata and oatmeal banana cookies for breakfast
- Chocolate hazelnut cookies and washed and cut grapes for snacks and dessert.
- Grapefruit cardamon beer bread for sandwiches (it goes great with the chicken salad)
Mary at Flavor RD –
- A big undressed spinach salad to green up our dinners
- A batch of my standard DIY vinaigrette
- Diced watermelon for snacking and packing for work
- A pitcher of iced green tea to keep refreshed and hydrated
- A pan of lasagna with finely chopped chicken breast, spinach, tomato sauce, and smoked mozzarella – yum!!!
- 3 half-pint jars of steel-cut muesli for quick weekday breakfasts
- A batch of sweet chili tofu – half is pre-packed for work lunches with brown rice and sauteed kale, and the other half was tossed into a veggie stir fry for dinner Sunday night
- And finally, a jar of “hippie nutella” (dark chocolate almond butter!) to spread on anything and everything!
Amanda at Ready for Change –
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?