Time for another round of food prep. I did mine on Monday this week due to the holiday weekend.
- Veggies – lettuce, beans, carrots & broccoli
- PB Banana Oat Muffins
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars – that pan is called an edge pan- google baking edge pan to find one!
- Sausage & Veggie Egg Bake
- Flank steaks (hubby prepped the marinade for these so he could grill them)
- Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken
Here’s what some of you did:
Left to right. Pumpkin chicken curry. Roasted chicken breasts with herb de Provence. Pumpkin coconut mug cakes for breaky. And turkey muffins.
Dixie at Life With Ordinary People –
From top left: bacon, eggs, and cheese biscuits, sliced green peppers, salad in jars, raspberries, apple cobbler in a jar, beef ramen noodle stir fry, buttermilk dressing (homemade), frosted brownies, cantaloupe, BLT salad, celery and carrot sticks, and sliced strawberries.
Andrea at MsDreaLou –
-Veggie Lasagna (spinach and zucchini)
-Chopped green salad
-Wake up Egg muffins
-Black bean burgers
Jodie at Source One Nutrition –
This week I prepped grilled chicken, burgers and steaks (grilling compliments of my husband.) Also, made squash, broccoli and roasted potatoes. Last but not least, treats for this 24 week pregnant lady…a version of your healthy ice cream sandwiches (mango) and gluten free blueberry pecan mini muffins.
I’ve been working from home so I usually just pick and choose what I want for lunch and my husband packs his lunch to go the night before, he’s happy with protein and a veggie or two for sides. He will also take some mini muffins for snacks.
I will also use the proteins and veggies to throw together a quick dinner. Food prep has continued to help me throughout pregnancy to stay on track and reduce stress!
Sandy at The Fit Foodie Eats –
his week I prepped:
- Salad Leaves
- Granola Bars
- Beetroot Hummus
- Veggies– for salad toppings
- Vegetable Soup– for lunches and quick dinners
- Oranges– I leave these in the fridge for healthy snacking and a sweet hit after dinner
- Peanut Butter- no explanation needed here, peanut better goes with everything 🙂
- Broccoli and Lentil Salad– This is a great salad topping
- Trail Mix (not pictured)- I carry snack packs in my gym bag and handbag incase I get hungry!!
- Brown Rice– for adding to salads, stir frys etc.
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?