Time for another round of Sunday Food Prep!
Here’s what I did last weekend.
Here’s what some of you have been up to:
Nora at A Clean Bake:
- Spinach and kale for salads
- Pearled barley
- Hard boiled eggs
- Chicken, pork, salmon and tofu (defrosting for dinners)
- Cole slaw
- LIghtly steamed brussels sprouts (great as a change-of-pace salad base) and string beans
- Roasted cauliflower
- PB&J overnight oats
- Black bean veggie burgers
- Frittata for breakfast
- Chicken sausage
- Pre-portioned carrots and celery + hummus
- Sugar-free lemonade
– Washed and prepped organic romaine for salads
– Washed, peeled and chopped carrots
– Cut up strawberries (one container for me and one for my fiance for work)
– Made a batch of peanut butter chocolate chip power bars (recipe on the blog!)
– Cooked a large batch of orange chicken and broccoli for dinner Sunday and leftovers for lunch
– Baked gluten free chocolate zucchini mini loaves to freeze in individual baggies and enjoy as an indulgent treat here or there!
– banana chocolate chip raspberry muffins
– pulled chicken in the crockpot
– all the fixings for Mediterranean salads (chicken, quinoa, red peppers, red onion, grape tomatoes, feta and roasted red pepper hummus)
I had a muffin with fruit each morning. I made salads for lunch eat day with the ingredients in the big photo. We used the pulled chicken to top sweet potatoes with salsa. Also, one night I wanted something different for dinner, so I threw some pulled chicken, quinoa and random veggies into a bowl with salsa. It worked!
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?